[DONE] Apple CEO Tim Cook is Tech 'Lightweight', Says Former Sales Exec

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I recall reading an article about Steve Jobs. His managerial style was, interesting.

-If an employee was wrong according to Jobs' view, he would directly cuss out such employee and drop the F bomb repeatedly.

-He was not hesitant about shutting down projects that didn't seem to be able to succeed, and occasionally firing the entire team.

-Before the mid 2000's, one of Apple's suppliers was being a jerk and constantly late on the shipment. The supplier threaten a lawsuit if the contract was canceled, and Jobs canceled it anyways to set an example and took the lawsuit hit.

Yeah, but on the "bright" side, Apple's trollish lawsuits have multiplied.

I think Cook is the embodiment of what Apple has become; a company interested in killing competition by deploying their vast cash reserves into lawsuits rather than using the cash for tech innovation.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I recall reading an article about Steve Jobs. His managerial style was, interesting.-If an employee was wrong according to Jobs' view, he would directly cuss out such employee and drop the F bomb repeatedly.-He was not hesitant about shutting down projects that didn't seem to be able to succeed, and occasionally firing the entire team.-Before the mid 2000's, one of Apple's suppliers was being a jerk and constantly late on the shipment. The supplier threaten a lawsuit if the contract was canceled, and Jobs canceled it anyways to set an example and took the lawsuit hit.[/citation]

A) Sounds like how I handle my subordinates

2) I like it.

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I used to love Apple. I still purchase some of their products, but Tim Cook is making me nervous. I think Apple will be able to squeeze a few more dollars out of people, yet eventually their reputation will be damaged. The company can not keep going in this direction for long.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alexthager[/nom]I used to love Apple. I still purchase some of their products, but Tim Cook is making me nervous. I think Apple will be able to squeeze a few more dollars out of people, yet eventually their reputation will be damaged. The company can not keep going in this direction for long.[/citation]

Sorry but in my opinion Apple already has a bad reputation. They are known for using suppliers who employ underage workers in bad work conditions and pay them badly. And known for throwing lawsuits at anyone and everyone for the stupidest reasons just to try to crush competition and filling patents and somehow getting them for the stupidest things (and than using them for above) that shouldn't ever be granted. These are just a few things they do that annoy me business wise, so yeah it's too late they already dragged their own name in the ground.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Apple is now just another boring tech company. There has really been no innovation since the original iPhone, just incremental (and expected) small updates. This began happening long before Jobs screwed himself by attempting to cure his cancer by eating more legumes, and Tim Cook is carrying it forward today.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Apple is now just another boring tech company. There has really been no innovation since the original iPhone, just incremental (and expected) small updates. This began happening long before Jobs screwed himself by attempting to cure his cancer by eating more legumes, and Tim Cook is carrying it forward today.[/citation]

It has already been a boring highly overpricing and overhyped tech company for a long while already, iPhone, [first]iPod and [reviving tablet] iPad being the only anything actually innovative, they keep saying 'think different' when the real different thing is price and lower/old specs and hardware

yellowblue

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Go back 10 years ago, replace Apple with Microsoft and you see the same pattern. Price to pay of being number one. The author of the book is just exploiting the trend and makes money out of it. Funny most people are complaining how expensive iPad mini is but are spending around $100 a decade ago just to install or upgrade Windows XP.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]cmcghee358[/nom]A) Sounds like how I handle my subordinates2) I like it.[/citation]
I feel bad for the people that work for you. I'm sure as hell glad I don't.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]I feel bad for the people that work for you. I'm sure as hell glad I don't.[/citation]

You should work at a company that adopted Enron's human resource policy:

Every year, 15% of the workforce is fired based on their performance report. That's at least a 15% turnover rate considering the fact that some employees leave or fired for other reasons.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
I like how random internet anonymous take potshots at people at the top as if they know any better, and never wondered about the professionalism of criticizing ex-bosses.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]I like how random internet anonymous take potshots at people at the top as if they know any better, and never wondered about the professionalism of criticizing ex-bosses.[/citation]

TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT

REASON: INAPPROPRIATE DEFAMATION OF FELLOW EMPLOYEES

G

It still costs $100 for an operating system that actually runs software (i.e. not OS anything).

Isnt OSX 19.99 ??

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]screwms[/nom]It still costs $100 for an operating system that actually runs software (i.e. not OS anything).Isnt OSX 19.99 ??[/citation]

And then look at Mac's prices, esp Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS