Question Done just refunded, dont want to build

May 31, 2020
I have a Powercolor Rx 570 and a power storage unit of Powerspec 650 Watt, it only cane with a 2x6+2 Pcie, I do not have a 1x8 Pcie and I am just worried, for adapters, is there any specific or can I just buy a random 2x6 to 8 pin Pcie? Yes this is my first build and I am so worried

My PC Build

bignastyid

Titan
So I just plug in 1 by 6 pins, the pcie cable from the power supply has dual 6, so I leave the other 6 unplugged?
You said it has 2 6+2 pin connectors. With a 6+2 pin connector you put the 6 pin and the 2 pin connector together and plug it into the 8 pin port. If the other 6+2 pin connector is on the same cable then you just leave that one unplugged.

Pic of a 6+2 pin connector
PCIE-862FF-XX-PCI-Express-8p-Female-to-6p-Female-2p-Female-Power-Adapter-Cable-004.jpg

May 31, 2020
You said it has 2 6+2 pin connectors. With a 6+2 pin connector you put the 6 pin and the 2 pin connector together and plug it into the 8 pin port. If the other 6+2 pin connector is on the same cable then you just leave that one unplugged.

Pic of a 6+2 pin connector
PCIE-862FF-XX-PCI-Express-8p-Female-to-6p-Female-2p-Female-Power-Adapter-Cable-004.jpg
I'm sorry but I've already tried that, leaving the other 6+2 unplugged while the other is plugged in, I have not a all plugged in just 6 pins, I have heard that it is because the dual 6+2 each are giving half of the power and with the adapter, it should be full if I get a dual 6 to 8 pin pcie, but when I did plugged in just one 6+2 and left the other unplugged, it flickers on, like it shows for half a second the fans wanting to start spinning and then immeadiately doesn't spin or anything, please help and I'm sorry for misunderstandings

May 31, 2020
"I have not a all plugged in just 6 pins " you need all 8 pins of the 6+2 connector plugged in for the card to work.
This is another misunderstanding, i'm sorry, yeah I meant that I have plugged in 6+2 as it is recommended, but i'm just stating that I have not plugged in just 6 pins, yet still with just 6+2 plugged in and leaving the other 6+2 out, like it flickers the fans and doesn't want to spin or turn on

May 31, 2020
Check the Q-leds on the motherboard(page 1-10 of the manual for more info) when you power on the system and post which one(s) stay on.
It is yellow like coloring that is being shown on the motherboard when the computer is turned on

Edit: so do i decide to take out the rams and try turning it on with one first? Then if that works, do I have to go to bios and press xmp profile 1 then shut down and put the second ram right?

Last edited:

bignastyid

Titan
That board uses D.O.C.P. to enable it enter the bios and enable Advanced Mode(F7), then go to Ai Tweaker. IN Ai tweaker for the Ai Overclock tuner change it to DOCP standard and that will enable it.

Also make sure the ram is in slots A2 and B2(pg 1-5).

May 31, 2020
That board uses D.O.C.P. to enable it enter the bios and enable Advanced Mode(F7), then go to Ai Tweaker. IN Ai tweaker for the Ai Overclock tuner change it to DOCP standard and that will enable it.

Also make sure the ram is in slots A2 and B2(pg 1-5).
I think i do need an adapter to give the rx 570 more power, because with one 6+2 and leaving the other unplugged, the fan spin here and there Ocassionally and that may be what crashes my computer, please help

May 31, 2020
Last edited:
May 31, 2020
Please do proper research before rushing to alternate conclusions...

Did you seat the CPU cooler properly?
Okay... I wont replace the psu yet then, umm the cpu cooler, what do you mean? Because when turning on the pc, i do notice flash of white red and yellow before turning green for the pc to run, should I unscrew the cooler a bit? Maybe i tight them too much by accident? Is because it did have some issues where it seemed to not fit in properly but it is compatible so im confused and scared yet micro center will give me a replacement

Feb 7, 2020
Okay... I wont replace the psu yet then, umm the cpu cooler, what do you mean? Because when turning on the pc, i do notice flash of white red and yellow before turning green for the pc to run, should I unscrew the cooler a bit? Maybe i tight them too much by accident? Is because it did have some issues where it seemed to not fit in properly but it is compatible so im confused and scared yet micro center will give me a replacement
I mean did you seat it properly, however you are meant to (pins, screws, etc.) Make sure you have.

Did you use thermal paste and did you use enough of it? 60c is much too high for an idle CPU.

If you did seat it properly and use enough, position your case fans properly, you might not be getting an adequate airflow in your case