[SOLVED] Done so many things and im still getting frame drops :/

May 5, 2020
So first i will throw my specs here.
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology, RAM= 32,0Gt Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-17-17-35), ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270F GAMING (LGA1151), 095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 ,1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-22Z5HB0 (SATA ), 238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SATA (SSD

So my point is that i have done so many things and i still get frame drops occassionally, not all the time, but sometimes and it drives me crazy. I have tried checking if my stuff bottlenecks with rtss and hwinfo, no good. Tried cleaning comp and changing thermal pastes and changing rams to different slots, no good. Tried to find something malware and updating my drivers, no good. So is there still something i can do to find out? Games i get these drops are cs go and wow mostly. League of legends is the only game i dont get these with. Please help :D

Solution
Your RAM... is that running at 1466mhz in dual channel so actually 2932hrz (3000hrz) total or 733hrz x 2 so 1466hrz. If it is the latter then your RAM is running very slow and could cause frame drops in demandind situations. Also how many sticks do you use for the 32gb, if 4 try just using 2 for 16 gb and you may get better results than useing all 4 slots. Just worth a try......
Well, you are probably one of them guys who say: 'There is better even than the best'. You can go RTX, but I am not sure it really matters. Things seem overpowered already.
This can help for your insatiable needs:
https://novabench.com/
See your results and compare with the averages of your system (CPU, GPU).
If a component is exhausted or downpowered, it would be shown below the 50th percentile.

Reactions: Zalot
Frame rates are never constant in any game, as you know.

Are you perhaps trying to feed a 144 Hz monitor on perhaps too new/demanding/ stout (graphically, or CPU-bound) of a game? (You can research fame rates of 7700K compared to 8700K and 9700K in your chosen game to get an idea of where the issue might be...if any)

Reactions: Zalot
May 5, 2020
thank you for replies. Well to be exact these frame rate drops are quite small indeed. they are split second stuff that occurs every 10-15min. Its not game breaking but its something that scratches my head. Im gaming in 1080p. And cs go shouldnt have in any specs have those kind of drops i get. I am pretty sure i did not have these drops when i got this pc. On note this pc is 4 years old now. I will also try this novabench and see what's up.

May 5, 2020
Well, you are probably one of them guys who say: 'There is better even than the best'. You can go RTX, but I am not sure it really matters. Things seem overpowered already.
This can help for your insatiable needs:
https://novabench.com/
See your results and compare with the averages of your system (CPU, GPU).
If a component is exhausted or downpowered, it would be shown below the 50th percentile.
Okay tried this novabench and it said that processor is 39 percentile and gpu is 65 percentile. So possible improvements but is it neccessary improvement? Could it be that its 4 years old and possible upgrade?

Your RAM... is that running at 1466mhz in dual channel so actually 2932hrz (3000hrz) total or 733hrz x 2 so 1466hrz. If it is the latter then your RAM is running very slow and could cause frame drops in demandind situations. Also how many sticks do you use for the 32gb, if 4 try just using 2 for 16 gb and you may get better results than useing all 4 slots. Just worth a try......

Solution
May 5, 2020
At the moment im using 2 sticks for 32gb so i should try game with only 1 stick?

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
So first i will throw my specs here.
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology, RAM= 32,0Gt Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-17-17-35), ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270F GAMING (LGA1151), 095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 ,1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRZ-22Z5HB0 (SATA ), 238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SATA (SSD

So my point is that i have done so many things and i still get frame drops occassionally, not all the time, but sometimes and it drives me crazy. I have tried checking if my stuff bottlenecks with rtss and hwinfo, no good. Tried cleaning comp and changing thermal pastes and changing rams to different slots, no good. Tried to find something malware and updating my drivers, no good. So is there still something i can do to find out? Games i get these drops are cs go and wow mostly. League of legends is the only game i dont get these with. Please help :D
Dear User,

Hi, I replied to your post a couple of days ago. I have no clue if you tested what I put up, but if you already have and your frame rate is still dropping, then the only choice is getting a new graphics card.

A GTX 1080 is pretty decent, if you want, you could upgrade to GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2060. Or even overclock your GPU to make it more powerful whilst gaming.

I hope your framerate gets fixed soon so you can get back to gaming. Cya!

Ye, such things happen to all of us, I guess.
So this is what comes to my mind:
The internet also can impact your gaming
The ram memory can be switched for a higher-speed one
The CPU:
  • has probably been tired. After years of usage, it may be going down, despite of being a naturally strong one
  • can be overclocked some more, depending on your cooler and motherboard's capabilities
The GPU? Nah, it's most likely fine. But if u insist on it - upgrade it.
I dunno why the hell someone said rtx 2060 would be an upgrade, but here are the really stronger NVIDIA video cards (from weaker to stronger):
RTX 2060 Super
RTX 2070
RTX 2070 Super
GTX 1080 Ti (a trivial upgrade with the same memory type like yours, but may be found cheap)
RTX 2080
RTX 2080 Super
RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB
TITAN RTX 24 GB (being an overkill, 2 080 Ti is almost the same performer)

Thats pretty strange, not wow or cs:go should have frame drops, your is more like game freeze.

1. When was the last time you did a clean Windows 10 install?
  2. Are you using some of those stupid RGB software that everyone install and fruck up thier machine?
  3. Are you using some motherboard useless program that everyone install and fruck up thier machine?
  4. What else do you have runing while playing the game? browsers, discord, etc, etc?
  5. Are you streaming at the same time?
  6. What does your temps looks like?
  7. Why don't you uninstall every piece of crappy monitoring and benchmark software (you can leave hwinfo since is awesome), download MSI Afterburner, learn to use it, learn to use the OSD, and go play a game while checking temps, CPU and GPU usage and frames real time while playing?
  8. Finally, are you sure thats not lag?, I mean internet is not working as it used to be with the human malware situation. Have you tried some off-line game to see if the problem persist?

There are tons of things that could be causing this.

May 5, 2020
Thats pretty strange, not wow or cs:go should have frame drops, your is more like game freeze.

1. When was the last time you did a clean Windows 10 install?
  2. Are you using some of those stupid RGB software that everyone install and fruck up thier machine?
  3. Are you using some motherboard useless program that everyone install and fruck up thier machine?
  4. What else do you have runing while playing the game? browsers, discord, etc, etc?
  5. Are you streaming at the same time?
  6. What does your temps looks like?
  7. Why don't you uninstall every piece of crappy monitoring and benchmark software (you can leave hwinfo since is awesome), download MSI Afterburner, learn to use it, learn to use the OSD, and go play a game while checking temps, CPU and GPU usage and frames real time while playing?
  8. Finally, are you sure thats not lag?, I mean internet is not working as it used to be with the human malware situation. Have you tried some off-line game to see if the problem persist?
There are tons of things that could be causing this.
thank you for your time to say all these.
  1. I did clean install of windows like half year ago. didnt save anything, redownloaded all.
  2. Only rgb thing i use is ICUE from corsair
  3. Not sure what you mean by this but im pretty sure i haven't
  4. Sometimes i have firefox, always discord and that's it. my last comp made me learn to not keep any unnecessary programs running behind while playing. And of course steam
  5. I am not streaming
  6. My temps while im playing is pretty much always under 74c. Normal is like 66. Browsing i have 44.
  7. I mean i have MSI afterburner and hwinfo and i have done some work with them checking temps, bottlenecking and stuff but haven't gotten much results. Im not good at it tho. Will take advice for sure.
  8. Well i have played mount and blade bannerlord and to be honest i cant really tell because its pretty demanding game but there isnt stuff like that happening. But if it would be online problem then shouldnt League of Legends lag too? Because it doesnt, meanwhile wow and cs go does.

May 5, 2020
Ye, such things happen to all of us, I guess.
So this is what comes to my mind:
The internet also can impact your gaming
The ram memory can be switched for a higher-speed one
The CPU:
  • has probably been tired. After years of usage, it may be going down, despite of being a naturally strong one
  • can be overclocked some more, depending on your cooler and motherboard's capabilities
The GPU? Nah, it's most likely fine. But if u insist on it - upgrade it.
I dunno why the hell someone said rtx 2060 would be an upgrade, but here are the really stronger NVIDIA video cards (from weaker to stronger):
RTX 2060 Super
RTX 2070
RTX 2070 Super
GTX 1080 Ti (a trivial upgrade with the same memory type like yours, but may be found cheap)
RTX 2080
RTX 2080 Super
RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB
TITAN RTX 24 GB (being an overkill, 2 080 Ti is almost the same performer)
So you think this would come down to money? Because then im a bit screwed because im having bad situation at the moment. Im pretty sure its not about lag, i have pretty good internet here. Could be rams i dont know and i have a feeling its about cpu but still its weird.

May 5, 2020
What's your frame rate when playing these games? If they're too high, you can run into bottlenecks in your system caused by ultra high frame rates. I would try limiting frame rates to 120fps for now. You can use Rivatuner to limit frame rates.
I get huge numbers in fps in these games. I could definetly try limiting it.

I get huge numbers in fps in these games. I could definetly try limiting it.

I will really try this, and limit the frame rate a bit.

As for your question on LoL, that actually depend. I never said it was your internet conection having issues, I said "internet" in general, like the whole infrastructure.
Internet (in a very simplistic way) is a masive, huge network made out of thounsands of smaller parts, going from cables, to routers, switches, servers, optical fibre, etc, etc, etc.
Could be the game server, could be some part of the internet tracing, some comunication device thats saturated, etc.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020
I will really try this, and limit the frame rate a bit.

As for your question on LoL, that actually depend. I never said it was your internet conection having issues, I said "internet" in general, like the whole infrastructure.
Internet (in a very simplistic way) is a masive, huge network made out of thounsands of smaller parts, going from cables, to routers, switches, servers, optical fibre, etc, etc, etc.
Could be the game server, could be some part of the internet tracing, some comunication device thats saturated, etc.
I mean it could be atleast with wow, but cs go is bit weirder because year back i didn't have any that kind of drops but i will test with the fps limit to these low req games!

Reactions: RodroX