Done - Sony Xperia Z3 Specs and Photos Revealed By Big Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

evenstephen85

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Could be a way to access more markets. I've wanted a Z2, but they're not offered on T-mobile. This may be a way to get around exclusive deals... Just refresh aan existing phone and call it somehting else for other carriers.

TadashiTG

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Could be a way to access more markets. I've wanted a Z2, but they're not offered on T-mobile. This may be a way to get around exclusive deals... Just refresh aan existing phone and call it somehting else for other carriers.
If that's the case, it should be named something else. And the flagship device should have better specs

alextheblue

Distinguished
"The Xperia Z3 seems to be sporting the same Snapdragon 801 chip as the Xperia Z2; however, this time it's clocked at 2.5 GHz instead of 2.3 GHz. Since Snapdragon 801 usually comes at 2.5 GHz, it was strange to see the Xperia Z2 clocked at 2.3 GHz in the first place."

What?? First of all, ARM chips operate at various clockspeed options even though the chip maker typically advertises maximum values ("up to" a certain speed). The device manufacturer decides the final clockspeed and determines what is best for each device based on thermals, battery consumption, etc. Second there is no single "Snapdragon 801" chip. 801 platform covers several models, and some of them are only rated by Qualcomm at a maximum clock of ~2.36 Ghz (again final clocks are up to the device OEM).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(System_on_Chip)#Snapdragon_801

scaningireland

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
This is quite disappointing by Sony as they are still banking on the same size, design phones. And their specs do not change frequently. I have always been fascinated by Sony, but this one is a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.