Don't have wifi option on Windows 8

VizelJ

Commendable
Dec 24, 2016
Just bought a new PC and I've been connected through the LAN cable. Now I tried connecting through wifi and I just don't have the option. I can only log in with a cable. If I go to the computer settings, I don't have the connection bars, instead I have a screen and a cable to its left with a red X on it. Can't even turn on and off the Wifi option. Just don't have one. Any ideas ?

Solution
Hey VizelJ,

Do you have a desktop PC or a laptop? If it is a desktop most desktop PCs you buy from basic electronic shops like Harvey Norman, JB Hifi, etc don't have wireless cards inside them. You would need to ask the company/person you bought it from. Unfortunately if it doesnt it is up to you to install one or just stick to LAN. If you do have a wireless card inbuilt or in a PCIe slot then you may need to find the drivers and install them. If you have a laptop its the same although most laptops have a wireless card. Check with whoever you bought it from and if it does, download the drivers and install them, if it doesnt then you will need to get someone to install a card or stick to LAN.

:)

- LE
Hey VizelJ,

Do you have a desktop PC or a laptop? If it is a desktop most desktop PCs you buy from basic electronic shops like Harvey Norman, JB Hifi, etc don't have wireless cards inside them. You would need to ask the company/person you bought it from. Unfortunately if it doesnt it is up to you to install one or just stick to LAN. If you do have a wireless card inbuilt or in a PCIe slot then you may need to find the drivers and install them. If you have a laptop its the same although most laptops have a wireless card. Check with whoever you bought it from and if it does, download the drivers and install them, if it doesnt then you will need to get someone to install a card or stick to LAN.

:)

- LE

Solution