Don't Hide Your PSU Cables, RGB Them With Lian Li's Strimer RGB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who knows? Lighting up the inside of your PC like a gaudy christmas tree is ultra tacky imo. I like my PC interiors to be as clean and free of pointless components/wires/lights etc as much as possible. But each to their own - I guess there must be a market for this stuff.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Why anything, dude? Personal taste, obviously. This might not be my style, but there's definitely a market for anything LED/PC related these days.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

The actual light-generating LEDs are likely located at the end of the cable, and the light travels along the optic fibres to cover the length of the cable.

If you look at the 2nd picture, you can sort of see the comb. The point being made is that it isn't the actual wires coming from the PSU that are being lit up. It's just an array of 12 fibre optic wires, each of which are held directly over the 12 pairs of wires that are in a 24 pin cables. Each pair of wires along with one of the fibre optics fit between teeth in the comb, holding the fibre optics in place and in line over the PSU wires.

Idk if that makes it any clearer lol.

redbear44

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017
I get it. RGB's can be kinda cool and add a nice touch to some extent, but really? RGB cables? CABLES. It is just not necessary. I feel like pretty soon we will have RGB M.2s....

redbear44

Commendable
Jan 29, 2017

What even is life :??:

poopstains82

Proper
Jul 6, 2018
Well, I have it . everything I have inside my PC is RGB . I just put it in today ..looks not have bad in my opinion ..to each there own ..yes there is a market for it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.