Question Dont know if i chose a good motherboard Please help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Angeesivan

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
I will be building my first pc for gaming and having no experience of building pcs before, I did some research but now it seems that I messed up something. Below are the components i chose for pc.

Motherboard- ASUS Prime H310M-R R2.0
RAM RAM DDR4 KINGSTON HyperX Fury 8GB 2666mhz
PSU- Thermaltake Smart BX1 550W power supply 80 plus bronze
a good cabinet - dont know the brand
SSD- GoodRam CX400 SSDPR-CX400-256GB solid state drive
CPU- INTEL Core i5-9400F BOX 2.90GHz LGA1151 processor

Graphics card didnt buy yet but thinking for 1060 3gb or something better in similar price (you can suggest)

Everything is bought and delivered to me just the GPU i will buy in one two days so please suggest if 1060 3gb is fine for this build or anything else in same price range.

But the main concern is motherboard here. So here it goes. In the intel website i checked it says that h310 chipsets have pcie 2.0 and bus speed is 5 GT/s DMI2, where all other chipsets supporting this processor have PCIE 3.0 and bus speed of 8 GT/s DMI3.
But here is the trick, When i was buying this asus chipset i noticed in sellers website that it has PCIE 3.0 so i bought it, I thought may be its Asus prime some model where asus is giving PCIE 3.0 revision. I went to asus website but there i cannot find this products specifications, they show only support for this model but not specifications. When i got the box it was not asus box but some white plain box with asus sticker and ean etc written in which mobo was packed . I didnt find unboxing of this product on youtube either to be sure if i am supposed to get asus box or the same white box. Everything would be fine if i just get to know about this 3.0 or 2.0 PCI express revision. Actually i dont know what difference it makes and if it is really important but if it will change anything in performance of my pc then i am ready to pay abit more to order a better mobo. I do not want to over clock for now but i do not want my mobo to be a bottle neck for my GPU or CPU. I heard on youtube some people were saying it will be a bottle neck better to buy b360. But seeing the specifications on seller page i thought it have PCIE 3.0 so i bought it now i just want to reconfirm. If its not a good one for me then I can return within 14 days and buy another one. I just want to buy a good mid range mobo suitable for this processor and gpu to use full power of my gpu and cpu. I can live with less ram slots but i do not want to compromise on any type of performance. Please help

Sorry for writing a big story.