PSU; 550w
DDR3; 8gb
Ultra SSD 120gb / 1tb HDD
Thanks

( i want to upgrade to 1070)

Last edited:
Solution
Corsair CS550M

It's an alright PSU, however number 1 rule of having a pc is having a quality PSU or else things can go wrong real fast for you, i recommend in the future to upgrade it to prevent any issues as that CS550M won't last forever (it's not the best quality)

Here's the list https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Lower tier = worse, higher tier = better

Rule : Don't cheap out on your PSU ever, or you'll regret it.

As for your GPU, you don't need to upgrade depending on what games you play, if it's fortnite, minecraft e.t.c then no you don't need to, if you want to go more high end (witcher, skyrim, ghost wildlands, e.t.c) then you need a new one for sure.

I will refer you to...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just about any PCIe GPU will work in that system, including a GTX 1070 ti. Just make sure your PSU is sufficient to power the entire system, including your chosen GPU, and that your case can accommodate the physical dimensions of the GPU (some take much more space than others).

Reactions: Aflyxxn

Aflyxxn

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
I think it's better not to upgrade it at all. I would wait little more and then upgrade the whole PC cuz when you buy new GPU i think its gonna be an overkill considering you only have i5 4690K. It is gonna bottleneck that 1070. I'm not 100percent sure but most likely it really is gonna bottleneck it. It's pretty hard to tell if there is gonna be that bottleneck scenario.

Thanks for the response, i just want to upgrade GPU for now and then when i upgrade my PC i will sell the GPU separate. The i5 cpu i have it the best i5 out.

Just about any PCIe GPU will work in that system, including a GTX 1070 ti. Just make sure your PSU is sufficient to power the entire system, including your chosen GPU, and that your case can accommodate the physical dimensions of the GPU (some take much more space than others).

Thanks for the reply yeah ill check the psu etc and make sure i have at least 100w spare

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Corsair CS550M

It's an alright PSU, however number 1 rule of having a pc is having a quality PSU or else things can go wrong real fast for you, i recommend in the future to upgrade it to prevent any issues as that CS550M won't last forever (it's not the best quality)

Here's the list https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1045610-new-psu-tier-list/

Lower tier = worse, higher tier = better

Rule : Don't cheap out on your PSU ever, or you'll regret it.

As for your GPU, you don't need to upgrade depending on what games you play, if it's fortnite, minecraft e.t.c then no you don't need to, if you want to go more high end (witcher, skyrim, ghost wildlands, e.t.c) then you need a new one for sure.

I will refer you to https://www.umart.com.au/Asus-ROG-Radeon-RX-580-Strix-Gaming-8GB-Graphics-Card_38812G.html as it's a great GPU and it'll be able to run everything you'll need for the forseeable future.

However before you upgrade you might want to consider getting a new PSU, you don't want yours breaking on you anytime soon and having it destroy your graphics card, nevertheless it's entirely your choice.

k good luck with whatever you do and remember when building or replacing parts use A : anti-static wrist band to prevent static electricity or B: touch your case every few minutes to relieve static off yourself, one discharge to any component and it could destroy them and in some cases it can happen over time slowly not immediately.

Solution
Aug 24, 2019
I was wondering what Graphics card i can upgrade to with my current setup

CPU; i5 4690k, 3.5ghz
Mother board; Z97I GAMING AC
GPU; GTX 760 2gb
PSU; 550w
DDR3; 8gb
Ultra SSD 120gb / 1tb HDD
Thanks

( i want to upgrade to 1070)
You can upgrade to whatever you want it will be compatible, but if you upgrade to a 1070 u won't get the same performance that you see a 1070 gets on YouTube benchmarks. This is because your processor is older and is holding back your graphics card. Consider maybe upgrading to a 1050ti, gtx 1060, rx 580 or rx 570. You will see a considerable increase in performance upgrading to any of these and the performance you would get would be similar to that of a 1070 in your system