Question Don't Know What Is Wrong With My HDD

bebodragon

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
I Don't Know What The Problem Is But Will Try To Explain As Much As I Can
My HDD Is Working Fine , Read & Write Speed Is Good , You Can See Its Smart Status In The Image Below

What Happens :
Power On My Pc , It Boots & Everything Is Fine , I Restart It After 2 Minutes , Everything Is Fine And HDD Is Working Without Problems But When I Restart My PC Before 2 Minutes Or Some Problem Happens While It Is Booting Or Advanced System Care Is Cleaning Some Registry After Booting Into Windows And It Restarts Itself , My HDD Isn't Recognized In The BIOS , Don't Know Why.
To Solve This Problem , I Have To Shutdown The PC Then Wait 1 Or 2 Minutes Then Start It Again & It Is Recognized In The BIOS.

SSD Is Working Fine All The Time , PC Boots Everytime Without Any Problems But HDD Isn't Recognized In Windows Too When This Happens Since It isn't Recognized In The BIOS

Solutions I Tried & Failed :
  1. Upgraded My Motherboard ( H81 To Z97 )
  2. Changed Power Cable Connected To It , Exchanged It With The One SSD Connected To , The Same Problem Happens
  3. Tried Another Cable Completely From The Same PSU

• Checked That HDD Isn't Cut From Power When It Isn't Recognized , It Is Vibrating When I Touch It
Image With Information About HDD & PC :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ELEyNNUcWtTzQl9z7dJLTLlEwsEHVD3s/view?usp=sharing
Another One If The First Didn't Work : https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/eec81a2a53674616bec71e72e8a88d90

Last edited:

bebodragon

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
I can't see your images, work blocks them but see if there is an hdd delay you can enable and set to 4-6 seconds. This oftne happens when the HDD doesn't respond quick enough for the autodetect bios routine.

Another Link For You : https://www.easyzoom.com/imageaccess/eec81a2a53674616bec71e72e8a88d90
I Don't Think It Is A Delay Problem , But I Will Look Into It And Report Back To You , For Now Can You Please Have A Look At The Image And Tell Me If There Is Something Out Of The Ordinary

Thanks For Your Help ☺☺

D

Deleted member 14196

Your problem is probably the advanced system care junkware. Never use those garbage cleaner apps they only cause problems

D

Deleted member 14196

well if it's happening in linux too, you just proved it's a hard drive hardware issue. probably not fixable. if it used to work and now does this, something is wrong with the controller on the hdd.

if you can, test the hard drive in another pc and see if that pc does weird things, maybe it could be your mobo

look at Windows Reliability History and see if it says anything unusual

bebodragon

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
well if it's happening in linux too, you just proved it's a hard drive hardware issue. probably not fixable. if it used to work and now does this, something is wrong with the controller on the hdd.

if you can, test the hard drive in another pc and see if that pc does weird things, maybe it could be your mobo

look at Windows Reliability History and see if it says anything unusual

Reliability History Shows Some Errors With Some Applications I Uninstalled , Nothing Out Of The Ordinary

D

Deleted member 14196

so we need to determine if its the hdd or the mobo. did you try a different SATA port to plug it into?

bebodragon

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
so we need to determine if its the hdd or the mobo. did you try a different SATA port to plug it into?

Yeah I Upgraded My Mobo A While Ago , I Thought The Problem Was With The Old Mobo But It Wasn't As The Problem Continued With The New Mobo Too
Tried Another SATA Port , The Same Happens , I Think It Is Something With The HDD
May Be Firmware Or The Controller As You Said , Don't Know

D

Deleted member 14196

ok, so get a new HDD, they are not real expensive. get all your data off the old one first if you can.

TRENDING THREADS