Don't know which graphics card/processor to get

Dec 28, 2018
I've been putting together this PC on pcpartpicker.com and I'm not sure if I'm happy with what I have. I am pretty set on the CPU cooler and the case, but anything else I'm willing to change for good reason. Not looking to spend more than like $1600 total. The main thing I wanted to know about is should I change my graphics card to something more powerful and should I change my processor to something less powerful. I should also mention that I don't play much more than Fortnite and Black Ops 4 at 1440p and for now I am using a 60htz monitor. You can see the list here - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RmrGMZ

Dec 28, 2018

Yea, I realized that I didn't include that previously, but I did add it. I am playing Fortnite and Black Ops 4 at 1440p and for now I am using a 60htz monitor.

A thought, at 1080p this would hurt, but at 1440p it may not. If he were to go say to AMD ryzen 2700x, and x470 board. Eliminate the water cooling for now.

Just thinking doing something like that he could fit in a high refresh monitor, maybe 144hz or so which might make things smoother. In fact, I just bought a 240hz 1080p monitor for 229. Haven't had a chance to install, but looking forward to it. Having all that horsepower is nice, but you will literally be locked at 60 fps for all the money spent.

TRENDING THREADS