[SOLVED] Don't need much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2020
I'm upgrading a Dell Vostro 260, at my office, to use as a design computer. The software requirements are "Graphics card and monitor capable of at least 1920x1080 resolution at 100% (96 dpi)". I've got the monitor covered, but this pc does not have a spare connector from the psu for powering a graphics card. Can anyone suggest an affordable card that powers off of the PCEI connection?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nvidia: GTX 1650
AMD: RX 560
Those are the most recent models from both sides that fit that criteria of not requiring an external connector.

You probably won't see them at affordable retail prices though... that's where you'll have to look to the 2nd hand market.

Nov 14, 2020
Those are the most recent models from both sides that fit that criteria of not requiring an external connector.

You probably won't see them at affordable retail prices though... that's where you'll have to look to the 2nd hand market.
What about older models?

Nov 14, 2020

I'm not worried about future proofing this thing, just need to get through the next year or two.

As an above poster alluded to, it is equipped with integrated graphics...; are you sure you need a discrete GPU at all?

"
GRAPHICS CONTROLLER
  • Form Factor
    integrated
  • Graphics Processor
    Intel HD Graphics 2000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology
  • Video Interfaces
    HDMI, VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.