Don't shop newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2019
Just tryed to rma my CPU I received after the PC would not post after inspection of all hardware CPU had a broken pin but Newegg rejected the RMA because they claim that there return policy will not cover it because I opened it and installed it instead of retuning it before I opened it and installed it. They want us to think they have a replacement policy but they will not honor it basically what the rep said was I should have known it was damaged before I opened it and installed it would not answer my questions as to how were supposed to know something is broken untill we try it. Then would not give me a number to call to try to resolve this. Threw whole conversation was blaming me saying I broke the pin then when I asked what proves that I broke it since she wants to keep saying I did she claims that she never accused me. I have a email copy of the whole conversation. DONT BUY FROM THEM THERE CROOKS

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I've bought and returned multiple products from Newegg and never had a problem.

No offense but I don't blame them for denying your return, I wouldn't give it to you either. Everything I buy I carefully inspect. On a CPU a bent or broken pin is glaringly obvious. You should have turned around and never installed the CPU. How are they supposed to know you didn't damage it?

As mentioned try the manufacturer warranty, but TBH they may deny you as well.

Nov 26, 2019
Always inspect every part you receive prior to installation.

You should even be inspecting the package it shipped in prior to opening it, noting damage to the box if any, and taking pictures BEFORE opening the package to cover your ass.

Always document everything of note.

Mar 1, 2020
I've bought and returned multiple products from Newegg and never had a problem.

No offense but I don't blame them for denying your return, I wouldn't give it to you either. Everything I buy I carefully inspect.

How exactly are you supposed to inspect a CPU without opening the package? Your argument runs contrary to itself.
For the record i've purchased a lot from Newegg and have been happy but this doesn't make sense.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
How exactly are you supposed to inspect a CPU without opening the package? Your argument runs contrary to itself.
For the record i've purchased a lot from Newegg and have been happy but this doesn't make sense.

Are you trying to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian?

The OP knew the CPU had a bent pin yet attempted to install and run it anyway. Had he inspected it, saw the issue, and called newegg right away with the issue I'm sure he would not have had a problem.

And as a side note this thread is dangerously close to a necro. Don't dig up old threads, especially to start crap with a moderator, which you clearly are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.