Don't squelch cursed launchers

In my current game, my two best ammo launchers were both cursed when I
picked them up. One was a boring heavyXbow that was about (-5,-5)
that just needed some enchants to make it superior to my longbow. The
second was a sling of the nazgul, which is useless for damage, but
provided SI without costing me a ring slot.

On a related note, I don't know whether a feature of NPP is really
annoying or really cool. I guess it is both. :) OrbsOfDraining [OODs]
destroy cursed items on the ground in V and presumably most variants.
In NPP, priests lob OODs at you, and they can destroy cursed items in
your backpack. In three separate games of NPP, I had a fighter
carrying home a launcher of the nazgul who had the launcher dissolve
in the backpack because of an OOD attack.

Eddie

"Eddie Grove" <eddiegrove@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com> wrote in message

> In my current game, my two best ammo launchers were both cursed when I
> picked them up. One was a boring heavyXbow that was about (-5,-5)
> that just needed some enchants to make it superior to my longbow. The
> second was a sling of the nazgul, which is useless for damage, but
> provided SI without costing me a ring slot.
>
> On a related note, I don't know whether a feature of NPP is really
> annoying or really cool. I guess it is both. :) OrbsOfDraining [OODs]
> destroy cursed items on the ground in V and presumably most variants.
> In NPP, priests lob OODs at you, and they can destroy cursed items in
> your backpack. In three separate games of NPP, I had a fighter
> carrying home a launcher of the nazgul who had the launcher dissolve
> in the backpack because of an OOD attack.

It is an intended feature. It does clear cursed items from your backpack,
but it shouldn't attack your equipment. Although now that I think about it,
people might welcome that too. Try on something, and if it is cursed to
seek out novice priests priests in the dungeon for a complimentary remove
curse service.

-Jeff