Question Donwload speed on gaming laptop is super slow compared to different devices even tho they show the same speed on speedtest

Jul 23, 2022
My gaming laptop is literally donwloading at 500kbps while my phone and my old laptop are both donwloading at 10mbps

I really dont understand what is the problem, its not a signal issue because im having full signal strenght, and what weirds me out the most is that when i do a speedtest on my devices all of them give me 100mbps in download and upload even my gaming pc and stills download at 500kbps

I have already updated the drivers and reinstalled them im truly out of ideas I have a intel wifi 6 ax201 if its anyhelp , I have also used Testmy.net and in my gaming laptop it gives me 4mbps but on my other devices it gives me 80+mbps

I dont have issues with lag or when im using the internet like 4k videos load in an instant Its just when i try to download something that it just takes forever and lately Its been a huge issue pls help

I would look for any form of QoS or so called "gaming" acceleration software. This stuff causes all kinds strange problem.

I would next test with ethernet this allows you to say eliminate a defect wifi card.

You can also try a old program called IPERF and test transfer between your machines. If you where to have ethernet on both side it should get 900+mbps in both directions. On wifi it is hard to say but it should be much more than 500kbps

Reactions: Aboniabo
Jul 23, 2022
I would look for any form of QoS or so called "gaming" acceleration software. This stuff causes all kinds strange problem.

I would next test with ethernet this allows you to say eliminate a defect wifi card.

You can also try a old program called IPERF and test transfer between your machines. If you where to have ethernet on both side it should get 900+mbps in both directions. On wifi it is hard to say but it should be much more than 500kbps
I will try this and see if it solves it thx