Doogee Valencia Y100 Problem - On Restrart it Froze on Doogee Logo - Please Help

castace

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
Hi. Jusi in case you forgot the header this is my problem.

I recently bought a Doogee Valencia Y100 (not Pro). I turned it off normally and then tried to reastart it normally but it froze on the white screen with the Doogee logo on it. It won't do anything now, except when I take the battery out. When I take the battery out, obviously, it shuts off but when I plug it back in, it just goes straight to the Doogee logo screen and stays there. Even holding the power button won't do anything. I also tried removing the SIM card and SD card and battery from the machine but to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? And I promise you, I wasn't rooting it or anything like that.

Thanks for anyone who can help and if I posted in the wrong category, I apologize but this is the closest category I could find to relate to my problem.

shahbaz200

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
Why promising? Rooting doesn't mean you can't get help here :p
Sounds like problem is in your dalvik cache/cache partition. You need to wipe it out and phone will start with all data intact.
Follow these instructions:
1. Pull out battery and reinsert
2. Press and hold volume up + power button at same time until a menu appears.
3. When it appears release power button.
4. the options will continue to scroll and when the arrow gets to Recovery Mode, release volume up button
5. Now you are at Recovery Mode, press power button twice, then press vol up
6. The phone should now show an Androidon its back with a red triangle and exclamation mark against it. Press the Power button to get to the Recovery menu.
7. Use Vol Down to navigate to Wipe cache partition, then press Vol Up to select it.
8. See if there's any option to wipe dalvik cache, if there's non, reboot phone and see if it helps. IF not, rather than wiping cache partion, wipe data/factory reset. You all data will be lost but phone should boot now.

shahbaz200

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012

I think so this happened:
When I take the battery out, obviously, it shuts off but when I plug it back in, it just goes straight to the Doogee logo screen and stays there.

You might give it few tries and be quick after inserting battery. I this doesn't works too, try with vol down, if that won't work too, try with all three keys.

castace

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015
sorry, i misspoke (or rater mis-wrote) when i take the battery out the screen goes black of course, then when I put the battery back in nothing happens until i press the power button for 2 secs, then the white screen appears and sticks. i was thinking about going internally and removing the 2nd battery for time and what not, would that reset the phone to it's original configuration do u think? Please give feedback I woulld like to know the chances of this working before i try it and if it would negatively effect anything else. thx in advance i really appreciate all the help and feedback.

wally-g

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
This problem just happened to my wife's Y100 phone. It wouldn't progress passed the Doogee logo. We took the battery out, waited a couple of minutes then putbit back in. Booted up no problems all be it a bit slower than normal. No need to do a reset. All good now.

castace

Reputable
Mar 14, 2015

I ended up sending mine back to the place I bought it. I got a refund & got a Doogee Valencia Y100 Pro. It's almost the same but has a quad core CPU instead of October core but it has 1.5Gb of RAM versus 1.0 and can take up to a 128Gb SD Card. I highly recommend that u send it back and get the pro version. I've had this one for 4 months now with no problems. I checked several message boards for a few weeks & no one could give me an answer. Best of luck.