Doom 3 "Always Run" ???

Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But one
thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left pinky
on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have looked through
the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any way to
speed it up permanently?

TIA all...

Alex

AAvK wrote:
> Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But one
> thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left pinky
> on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have looked through
> the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any way to
> speed it up permanently?
>
> TIA all...

No, there is no way. You just have to keep your pinky on the shift key.
I'm sure you've noticed that can't keep running forever. You'll run
out of juice.

> No, there is no way. You just have to keep your pinky on the shift key.
> I'm sure you've noticed that can't keep running forever. You'll run out of juice.

Thanks, I'll keep searching tho...

Alex

sketch

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2003

> No, there is no way. You just have to keep your pinky on the shift key.
> I'm sure you've noticed that can't keep running forever. You'll run out
> of juice.

IIRC, in the Hell level you have unlimited sprint. If you look at the sprint
meter it's just static noise.

It's just when you strafe you'll have to re-tap the Shift key to keep
sprinting (same situation going from strafe back to forward or backward
movement). Was the same for the RoE expansion, too. Somewhat quirky, IMO.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:38:41 -0500, NuQ <anon@anon.com> wrote:

>AAvK wrote:
>> Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But one
>> thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left pinky
>> on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have looked through
>> the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any way to
>> speed it up permanently?
>>
>> TIA all...
>
>No, there is no way. You just have to keep your pinky on the shift key.
> I'm sure you've noticed that can't keep running forever. You'll run
>out of juice.

The rules change when you enter hell - fatigue doesn't apply.

"AAvK" <ahem@notquite.net> wrote in message

> Yo all, in Doom 3 I am "in hell" and it is time to face the Gaurdian. But
> one
> thing I noticed is how slow it is down there, I always must keep my left
> pinky
> on the shift key to be almost as satisfied as in quake II ... I have
> looked through
> the .cfg but cannot make any logic as to a speed setting ... is there any
> way to
> speed it up permanently?
>
> TIA all...
>
> Alex

Try these links:

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/doom3/index.shtml
http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_1.html

Shows how to setup your own cfg file: autoexec.cfg

I can't find it, but I thought there was a cmd to reverse walk/run. But
maybe you can use these commands?

pm_runspeed [value] - This setting determines how fast a player can run.
Higher values result in a faster running speed.

pm_walkspeed [value] - This setting determines how fast a play can walk.
Higher values result in a faster walking speed.

> Try these links:
>
> http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/doom3/index.shtml
> http://www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_1.html
>
> Shows how to setup your own cfg file: autoexec.cfg
>
> I can't find it, but I thought there was a cmd to reverse walk/run. But maybe you can use these commands?
>
> pm_runspeed [value] - This setting determines how fast a player can run. Higher values result in a faster running speed.
>
> pm_walkspeed [value] - This setting determines how fast a play can walk. Higher values result in a faster walking speed.

BINGO! Now that's telling me something. So " pm_walkspeed " is it. Only one site
told me a default of 140 so I tried 280 - 260 - 240 - 230 (most realistic). But this
command (so far) can only be entered into the console during game running. I tried
the .exe and the autoexec.cfg, no joy either way, but, COOL!

Thanks alot OldDog!

Alex

"AAvK" <ahem@notquite.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> BINGO! Now that's telling me something. So " pm_walkspeed " is it. Only
> one site
> told me a default of 140 so I tried 280 - 260 - 240 - 230 (most
> realistic). But this
> command (so far) can only be entered into the console during game running.
> I tried
> the .exe and the autoexec.cfg, no joy either way, but, COOL!
>
> Thanks alot OldDog!
>
> Alex

Alex, this is what I was thinking of for switching run with walk. I
haven't tried this mod, but it might do what you want.

http://files.filefront.com/Run_Instead_of_Walk_Mod/;3674861;;/fileinfo.html

Oh, I have tried the ClassicDoom mod. The first 5 levels from Doom1
updated for play on Doom3. A blast from the past. ;-)

http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php?page=news

pm_runspeed sets the run key also.
Default is 220.
So if you want to "run" always set walkspeed to 220

But now that I tried it feals it is difference between running and walking it still different. Guess you just have to fool around with the settings a bit..

If you have a gaming keyboard or left handed controller, they often allow you to create scripts to hold a key down.

Logitech devices use Lua, which I'm quite familiar with and have setup auto run hotkeys with a simple script.