Doom 3 mod for NV3/4x

Iss purty cool, shader messing utility.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:03:37 +0000, bob brozewicz wrote:

> Inglo wrote:
>> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49067
>>
>> Iss purty cool, shader messing utility.
>>

> anything like this available for ati low-end cards (ati radion 9200)?
>
> i do realize that this is a dumb question but thought id ask anyway.

Don't be dumb. Of course not.

Linux Registered User #327951

On 4/20/2005 5:56 PM SnoopJeDi brightened our day with:

> Inglo wasted my time on 4/19/2005 9:05 PM with the following:
>
>> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49067
>>
>> Iss purty cool, shader messing utility.
>>

> Saw this on D3W last night. I'm not terribly impressed, especially
> since I have an ATI.

What kind of ATI you driving Snoop? 9800 Pro? I just upped from one of
those to a 6800, very nice.
Not that I didn't like my 9800 Pro, still a great card.

--

Inglo wrote:
> What kind of ATI you driving Snoop? 9800 Pro? I just upped from one
> of those to a 6800, very nice.
> Not that I didn't like my 9800 Pro, still a great card.

Yup, it is for nvidia cards.

I installed v76.50 beta drivers and got little performance. There is
r_usegl2 (use OpenGL 2) settings and it works with this new drivers. It
says on console "unknown command" but I typed it still there seta
r_usegl2 "1" and timedemo demo1 fps number rises. Happy man, sure. ;-)

Inglo wasted my time on 4/20/2005 9:44 PM with the following:

> What kind of ATI you driving Snoop? 9800 Pro? I just upped from one of
> those to a 6800, very nice. Not that I didn't like my 9800 Pro, still a
> great card.

Driving a 9600SE, but with patient tweaking, I can get smooth
performance on ultra @ 1024x768. I prefer to run in high quality mode
though. It looks just fine to me.

This mod isn't really practical, because you'd have to go through and
re-do specular maps to really get results, and even then, they aren't
enough to blow my mind (especially since I like the original way better :D)

--
-SnoopJeDi

TRENDING THREADS