Dos Golf Game that I want to download

Archived from groups: rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
where I can find it online.
If anyone can help, please do.

"http://rotnluk.com/" <justin@rotnluk.com> wrote in message
>I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
> graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
> play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
> course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
> as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
> there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
> lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
> I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
> where I can find it online.
> If anyone can help, please do.

First off, is a DOS game?

Second, that BLOOP-BLoop-bloop really narrows it down.

You might be looking at a very early EA game. Also, there's Mean 18 or any
of the Nicklaus games following. Then there's Leaderboard, the precursor to
Links. You could also be describing British Open Golf.

But if I had to take a wild guess (and this is a wild one, based on the
information you've provided) my guess is Mean 18. But then it could be
Leaderboard also, both of which I believe used the spacebar to power up the
swing.

Do a search on Underdogs (I don't have the url at the moment) and then
browse their selections. They have a lot of free, old games, categorized
for easy search.

That's about the best I can do for you, young chap. :)

Alanb

Archived from groups: rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

"http://rotnluk.com/" <justin@rotnluk.com> wrote in message
> I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
> graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
> play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
> course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
> as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
> there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
> lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
> I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
> where I can find it online.
> If anyone can help, please do.

That sounds like the original PGA Tour Golf from EA.

Here's the link to the Underdogs mentioned in the previous post:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/

Check the page here, and see if the screenshot looks familiar:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2219

If that's not it, there are plenty of them listed here:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/genre.php?name=Sport&subgen=Golf

Hope you find it.

Archived from groups: rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

On 12 Aug 2004 19:32:35 -0700, justin@rotnluk.com
(http://rotnluk.com/) wrote:

>I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
>graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
>play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
>course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
>as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
>there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
>lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
>I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
>where I can find it online.
>If anyone can help, please do.

I had to guess, you'd be talking about the original PGA Tour Golf by
EA Sports. Go here and you'll find most of the various old-school
golf games, though...

http://www.the-underdogs.org/genre.php?name=Sport&subgen=Golf

Todd McGillivray - http://www.reverentialproductions.com/
Emailing me? tmac at reverentialproductions dot com.
"Your father is...resting."
"Resting hungover, resting got fired...help me out here!"
-- The Simpsons

The Rev <idontlikespam@mpfc.com> wrote in message news:<rpkph0htmm4p90kioim2kps32nn0vdjtj6@4ax.com>...
> On 12 Aug 2004 19:32:35 -0700, justin@rotnluk.com
> (http://rotnluk.com/) wrote:
>
> >I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
> >graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
> >play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
> >course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
> >as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
> >there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
> >lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
> >I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
> >where I can find it online.
> >If anyone can help, please do.
>
> I had to guess, you'd be talking about the original PGA Tour Golf by
> EA Sports. Go here and you'll find most of the various old-school
> golf games, though...
>
> http://www.the-underdogs.org/genre.php?name=Sport&subgen=Golf
>
> Todd McGillivray - http://www.reverentialproductions.com/
> Emailing me? tmac at reverentialproductions dot com.
> "Your father is...resting."
> "Resting hungover, resting got fired...help me out here!"
> -- The Simpsons

You would be correct!

simpilot

Distinguished
May 15, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.sport.golf,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.sports (More info?)

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:44:37 -0600, The Rev <idontlikespam@mpfc.com>
wrote:

>On 12 Aug 2004 19:32:35 -0700, justin@rotnluk.com
>(http://rotnluk.com/) wrote:
>
>>I have been looking for a long time for a game, with dos-level
>>graphics, you start in a pro shop with a few menu options + types of
>>play, with about 8 different courses to go to, and 18 holes per
>>course, with pro players' standings in the game, but you have to play
>>as a created character, in order to swing you press the spacebar +
>>there is a little percentage meter at the bottom, and when the ball
>>lands it sounds like BLOOP-BLooP-bloop.
>>I have this game on a computer at my grandma's house, and have no clue
>>where I can find it online.
>>If anyone can help, please do.
Somehow sounds like David Ledbetter golf by Microprose. Check
Underdogs.

JOHNB39

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I have 2 older DOS NICKLAUS games. BEAR'S TRACK and MUIRFIELD.

How do I delete players and reset highest score boards?

If you may be able to help email joby@hfx.eastlink.ca

Many thanks!