[SOLVED] Dosbox crashes pc

solollama

Commendable
Oct 14, 2018
Whenever i use Dosbox it completely freezes my pc. I got a game from gog which happens to use dosbox and it always without fail freezes my pc i have tried compatibility mode and it doesnt help also I use windows 10

Solution
Try downloading dosbox alone and running that to determine if it's a problem with how the game is configured or with dosbox in general.

Adding to TerryLaze's suggestion, I would say, download stand alone DOS-BOX and after following Terry's suggestion, if it works without crashes, try running your game using this dosbox. (use the cmd to execute your game) and see if works or not.

Also, you can provide Windows logs (from Event Viewer) so that we can see which library is causing the problem, ie is it DOSBOX itself or some other DLL in your computer is causing it.
Nov 15, 2020
Try downloading dosbox alone and running that to determine if it's a problem with how the game is configured or with dosbox in general.

Adding to TerryLaze's suggestion, I would say, download stand alone DOS-BOX and after following Terry's suggestion, if it works without crashes, try running your game using this dosbox. (use the cmd to execute your game) and see if works or not.

Also, you can provide Windows logs (from Event Viewer) so that we can see which library is causing the problem, ie is it DOSBOX itself or some other DLL in your computer is causing it.

Solution