double clicking on folders brings up 'open file with what ..

Clicking any folder while in my computer does not display contents of
folders, rather it displays a list of programs to select to open the folder.
If I right click the drop down menu displays two OPEN commands. Selecting
the first one brings up the 'open with what program' box while the second
'OPEN' command opens the folder and displays the contents. Any takers?
--
Jsioui

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:38:05 -0700, Jsioui <Jsioui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Clicking any folder while in my computer does not display contents of
>folders, rather it displays a list of programs to select to open the folder.
>If I right click the drop down menu displays two OPEN commands. Selecting
>the first one brings up the 'open with what program' box while the second
>'OPEN' command opens the folder and displays the contents. Any takers?

The valid open command is located at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command
and is an unnamed (Default) Value Name, a REG_EXPAND_SZ data type, containing:
%SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /idlist,%I,%L

The invalid Open is probably at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\command.
When you find it, delete the invalid Open sub-key.

I could not find the key that contained HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory.
--
Jsioui

"Jerold Schulman" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:38:05 -0700, Jsioui <Jsioui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Clicking any folder while in my computer does not display contents of
> >folders, rather it displays a list of programs to select to open the folder.
> >If I right click the drop down menu displays two OPEN commands. Selecting
> >the first one brings up the 'open with what program' box while the second
> >'OPEN' command opens the folder and displays the contents. Any takers?
>

> The valid open command is located at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command
> and is an unnamed (Default) Value Name, a REG_EXPAND_SZ data type, containing:
> %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /idlist,%I,%L
>
> The invalid Open is probably at HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\open\command.
> When you find it, delete the invalid Open sub-key.

TRENDING THREADS