[SOLVED] Double M.2 and Display port crazy issue

Feb 14, 2020
Hello Guys,

I would like to share with you an experience with my pc thats gives me a headache.
well for start this is my build.

PSU: Corsair AXi Series AX860i
GPU: EVGA 1080TI SC2
CPU: Intel 8700K OC to 4.9 GHz
CPU COOLER: Corsair h110i
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3000MHz
MOBO: Asus Maximus X Hero
SSD 1: Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME 512gb
SSD 2: Intel 660p M.2 NVME 1tb
Monitor 32" CHG70 Gaming Monitor

The main problem maybe sound crazy or dump , is when i use the display port get no post signal and sometimes i lose my second m2 in windows 10 boot , but when i use HDMI all are normal.

This is getting tough to understand what's happening, i reseat the m.2's a hundred times, bought a new DP.
When i use one m.2 driver i get signal with Display port but when i use both i dont. or even if i get i can't see the second m.2 in windows 10 not even in the bios.
like something disables it.

If i use the HDMI and restart everyting is normal and i can see both m2 drives. ( never had problems with HDMI )

Do you know any solution to this ? have it ever happened to you?

Thank you very much. Looking forward for your answers. :)

Solution
My suggestion is to go back to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Reread every page including the fine print and any listed notes or website references.

Try booting with as minimal hardware configuration as possible. E.g., just one SSD or using integrated GPU, etc..

My thought is that the PSU is not able to support the required load.

Add components one at a time until the problem re-occurs. Vary the order as best you can.

Hopefully you will find some pattern that is easily repeated and thus duplicates the issue.

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion is to go back to the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Reread every page including the fine print and any listed notes or website references.

Try booting with as minimal hardware configuration as possible. E.g., just one SSD or using integrated GPU, etc..

My thought is that the PSU is not able to support the required load.

Add components one at a time until the problem re-occurs. Vary the order as best you can.

Hopefully you will find some pattern that is easily repeated and thus duplicates the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS