Question double monitors problem , on startup

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
I just bought Samsung 24'' (LC24RG50FQUXEN) (144hz,1ms) and i already had LG 23" (60hz,5ms).
One is connected with display port and the other with DVI.
Graphics card : GTX 1060 3gb palit edition (dual fan).
When i am starting up the computer , LG is starting up and shows the motherboard's menu. after that , both of them going idle. I need to restart the Samsung monitor , so i can see the login screen. (Samsung is monitor 1 and LG monitor 2) I thought that the startup should be shown on the 1st screen. Why do i have to restart the monitor so it will work properly ?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
well to clarify this first, your title is misleading.
I thought this was an issue with a double image on your monitor. should consider wording that better.

next, your samsung monitor has to be turned off completely then back on for image to appear correct?
check the monitor menu settings for any kind of power saving mode, hibernation mode, sleep mode, etc. and fiddle with that setting to see if it fixes it.

pavlaras74ever

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
well to clarify this first, your title is misleading.
I thought this was an issue with a double image on your monitor. should consider wording that better.

next, your samsung monitor has to be turned off completely then back on for image to appear correct?
check the monitor menu settings for any kind of power saving mode, hibernation mode, sleep mode, etc. and fiddle with that setting to see if it fixes it.
Thank you for your response. I checked what you told me , but nothing changes. I disconnected the Lg monitor , and the samsung started properly.I think there's something with graphics settings, or maybe with psu?!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Power supply has nothing to do with it.
Your computer's power supply isn't powering the monitors.
If it was you would be plugging them into that instead of the wall.

To answer one of your questions, when having two monitors plugged in, and if one is DP and the other is DVI, the DVI is always chosen as the main monitor during post. Don't ask me why, just something I know happens because it does it to me as well.

Next then, since you should have three displayports on your card, try using a different port.

Reactions: pavlaras74ever