Question Double Router Port Forwarding Minecraft

May 10, 2019
I've been trying for a week to port forward my minecraft server to play together with my friends. I have seen a lot of tutorials but when i try Port Checker on Port Forwarding Network Utilities, my port doesn't show up. The port is 25565 and i think i port forwarded it wrong. I have two routers: ASUS RT-AC55U and ZTE F668. My ISP is RDS (in Romania). What can I do? I have avast antivirus on trial, so no firewall there, and I entered 4 rules on Windows 10 Firewall, 2 for TCP and UDP inbound and 2 for the other. I have no idea what to do next... Please help!

You need to test systematically to know where it is being blocked. I would plug the server into the main router and then use the DMZ rule rather than port forward to your server. This is the simplest to configure and if it works it is just a matter of getting the rules correct in the other routers.

If this does not work get the WAN ip in the main router. Make sure this is the same IP as sites like whatsmyip shows as your IP. If they do not match there is another router in the ISP network doing NAT and you will not get it to work.

If your IP is good and DMZ does not work I would suspect a configuration issue on the server or very unlikely the ISP is blocking that port, you could try another

Reactions: Shadowz21YT
May 10, 2019
You need to test systematically to know where it is being blocked. I would plug the server into the main router and then use the DMZ rule rather than port forward to your server. This is the simplest to configure and if it works it is just a matter of getting the rules correct in the other routers.

If this does not work get the WAN ip in the main router. Make sure this is the same IP as sites like whatsmyip shows as your IP. If they do not match there is another router in the ISP network doing NAT and you will not get it to work.

If your IP is good and DMZ does not work I would suspect a configuration issue on the server or very unlikely the ISP is blocking that port, you could try another
If F668 is my main router, and i am plugged with ethernet into the ASUS one, should i plug into the main one, and then do the DMZ? and if so, is what i've done here correct. (192.168.2.34 is my IPv4)
qvfr5ul2dfx21.png

Tell me is you need more info

TRENDING THREADS