Question Double screens 1 HDMI port

Mar 16, 2019
Hello,I want to buy a 144hz monitor but my gpu only has 1 hdmi port,curently I have my monitor on VGA since it's only 60 hz and my TV to the HDMI and when I want to watch something on the TV i'm just switching between the tv and monitor using "Screen resolution" from Control panel.
Is there a way to use the only port from my gpu to do the same thing?
Exept from switching the hdmi cable from the monitor to the TV everytime I want to watch something on the TV.

What GPU do you have? Does it have a display port? Most modern GPUs will have both a HDMI and a display port connections and most 144hz monitors will use display port to connect.

If you GPU does not have a display port, then getting a 144hz monitor may not be the best decision because it will take a powerful GPU to push 144fps.

Mar 16, 2019
I currently have a r7 250 2gb gpu and it doesn't have a display port, but I won't use the 144hz feature until I will buy a new pc, but I still want to use hdmi since it's better than vga.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Apparently the coffee hasn't taken effect just yet. What other ports does your graphics card have?

Failing in that, should be able to activate the on-board graphics of the processor in the motherboard's BIOS. Under NorthBridge Configuration there should be a setting for IGD Multi-Monitor. Set this to Enabled to activate your on-board graphics as well as having the graphics card output available.

-Wolf sends

Mar 16, 2019
Apparently the coffee hasn't taken effect just yet. What other ports does your graphics card have?

Failing in that, should be able to activate the on-board graphics of the processor in the motherboard's BIOS. Under NorthBridge Configuration there should be a setting for IGD Multi-Monitor. Set this to Enabled to activate your on-board graphics as well as having the graphics card output available.

-Wolf sends
My gpu has a DVI, VGA and a HDMI, and my motherboard doesn't have a HDMI port sadly..