[SOLVED] Double up on WiFi signals

Sep 4, 2019
My router has a signal that is very weak in the other building that we go in. If I put another router right under that one on the same SSID could it make the signal better? Both routers are 2.4Ghz only

Thanks

Solution
Putting another WIFI signal at the same location won't help improve your coverage. The best way to get coverage in another building is to add a WIFI source in the building connected back to the primary router with ethernet cable. If you can't or won't do that, then adding a directional WIFI source in the primary building, pointed at the second building. That second WIFI source should be wired back to the primary router for maximum performance.

kanewolf

Titan
Putting another WIFI signal at the same location won't help improve your coverage. The best way to get coverage in another building is to add a WIFI source in the building connected back to the primary router with ethernet cable. If you can't or won't do that, then adding a directional WIFI source in the primary building, pointed at the second building. That second WIFI source should be wired back to the primary router for maximum performance.

Solution
Sep 4, 2019
So I am now finished putting the second router about 2 feet closer than the first router and I also have a windsurfer router antennae booster that is home made on it to direct the frequency at the second building. The difference is a small percentage but I can notice it. Thank you for your reply kanewolf