Question Doubt clean CR2032

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
My CR2032 battery has glue on botton down what product can I use to remove the glue without damaging the battery?

CR2032 battery has self-discharge even out of circuit?

kanewolf

Titan
My CR2032 battery has glue on botton down what product can I use to remove the glue without damaging the battery?

CR2032 battery has self-discharge even out of circuit?
Unknown, since you don't know what kind of glue was used. Heat gun is frequently the first option for removing glue. Orange oil (commercial "goo gone") is possible.
Will any of these options damage something? Or even be remotely effective? Unknown. You are doing something the manufacturer NEVER intended be done.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Instead of trying to store this one away for years (which won't work).
ACTUALLY...CR2032 are lithium batteries and designed for fairly long storage lives, 3-5 years. Many change batteries annually out of a surplus of caution and that works out nicely.

I'd also use orange oil or naptha (lighter fluid) to remove a glue. Heating it to rub off the hot-melt might be bad for the battery so I'd try to shave it away with a razor blade. But be careful to not short the two sides.

And knowing the whole backstory on this question speaks to a storage of 10 years (or more), in a high temp/high humidity environment.
I prefer to use the 3-5 year storage life number because I don't really know how long it was in a store's inventory before I picked it up. And really, how many people can find things 10 years after they squirreled it away..I know I can't :)

D

Deleted member 14196

Those batteries are in every grocery store and they are super cheap. 6 bucks bought me 20 of them.

Why are you trying to do this?? biy a new battery. This is absolutely ridiculous, as stated many times by the moderator. What a waste of time.oo

CR2032 3V Lithium Battery (20pcs) https://a.co/d/6XyuuX7

Amazon has them for eight dollars at 20 of them!!

but you can go ahead and waste all kinds of money and time on fluids to clean your battery. That’s probably dead anyway and can’t be recharged.

Last edited by a moderator: