[SOLVED] Doubts about which Switch to choose

Santiago Andrea

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
Hi, I'm setting up a Game Center with 15 gammer PCs and I'm
looking for a switch with the function that distributes 30mb per machine, upload and download
which economic one could you recommend me with that function

Solution
¿Dónde está ubicado, a qué tipo de conmutadores de red tiene acceso y con qué tipo de presupuesto tenemos que trabajar? El término presupuesto variará de un grupo demográfico a otro, por lo que "barato" no se reduce mucho.
[/COTIZAR]
Where are you located, what sort of networking switches do you have access to and what sort of a budget do we have to work with? The term budget will vary from one demographic to another, so "cheap" doesn't exactly narrow down much.
A

Where are you located, what sort of networking switches do you have access to and what sort of a budget do we have to work with? The term budget will vary from one demographic to another, so "cheap" doesn't exactly narrow down much.
Argentina, I want to buy a...

Santiago Andrea

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
looking for a switch with the function that distributes 30mb per machine, upload and download

Lutfij

Titan

kanewolf

Titan
Cheap and bandwidth management don't go together. I would recommend you set the ports to 10Mbit. That will prevent any single machine from taking all your bandwidth.

Santiago Andrea

Prominent
Mar 4, 2022
¿Dónde está ubicado, a qué tipo de conmutadores de red tiene acceso y con qué tipo de presupuesto tenemos que trabajar? El término presupuesto variará de un grupo demográfico a otro, por lo que "barato" no se reduce mucho.
[/COTIZAR]
A

Argentina, I want to buy a switch, which one would you recommend?

Solution
What you ask for is not a something you are going to find on a consumer grade switch. You can buy something like a cisco or HP switch but expect to pay over $1000 for a 24 port switch.

Maybe you can use microtik brand equipment. You are going to have to dig around to find the model that supports this, I suspect you need one that supports the routeros. Getting a switch that can limit input and output traffic tends to be difficult, many only limit the output rate. The cisco ones I know have to be layer 3 ie routers to do input limitations. From my limited use a of a microtik device they are not simple to configure.....then again neither is cisco or HP commercial equipment. Microtik is very cheap compared to commercial equipment.

Reactions: Santiago Andrea

TRENDING THREADS