Downgrading from Win8 to Win7

Miss Rock

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Hello,

I have a new computer with Win8 installed, is it possible to downgrade to Win7? If so, is it a smart thing to do, or will I have problems running programs after that. I really hate it, and I just bought a brand new top of the line HP Envy!

Solution
if you want to save money

install a program called start8

it brings the startmenu back and can disable metro

basically it will make it look and run like win7 but doesn't cost anything

Miss Rock

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

BTW, I should have said I am not too computer friendly.....so with that said....I am not to sure if I can even downgrade. But I really do not like Win8, and I wish I had bought a computer with Win7. But since I have already, I just thought there may be a way to downgrade to Win7, maybe I am just stuck with what I have... :(

Yes you can downgrade easily, you'll need to back up your files and important stuff, you'll need a Windows 7 installation disk and your existing product key.

Miss Rock

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Thank you! Thats exactly what I needed. After a little research I found the start8 program and did some reading about it and that will be perfect for me as it will look like Win7 and I can adjust into Win8 much easier. So thanks again, you helped a lot!!

Miss Rock

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Hey thanks for posting that link for me. You saved me! I haven't done the download yet, so I am good. I appreciate the help gomerpile<<< love the name btw :sol:

TRENDING THREADS