Downgrading from Windows 10 to 7

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
I've been using Windows 10 since it was released and you could get it for free for the 1st year it was out if you had a windows PC.

While windows 10 is amazing and such, I do not like some features in it, aswell as in my opinion, Windows 7 is still the best windows version of them all

Would it be safe to downgrade?/Would my Windows key transfer over?/What do you guys recommend?

Solution
You can only roll back to Windows 7 within 30 days of upgrading. If you have some reinstall disks you could use those however your Windows 7 license may be invalid now.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well if you don't like some of the features don't use them. Once you've had Windows 10 installed you can't use the go back inside Windows 10. If you have the Windows 7 restore disks you can go back. Otherwise you would have to buy Windows 7 again to go back.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Your Win 7 license doesn't become invalid WIn 10 and 7 share the same license. Meaning you can run either as long as the other isn't running.

You have 30 days to go back.... it is not just a matter or choosing not to use "new features", it's a matter of things working. If you have printers / plotters / programs that you didn't discover till now don't work, call MS and explain your problem... they may allow you some leeway there.

If you can't first thing I'd do is stop Windows Update from installing hardware drivers, that should eliminate the biggest issue w/ Win10.

Going back is likely to get you into problems, especially if your hardware's manufacturer doesn't provide Windows 7 drivers and support. I bought a new wireless printer to resolve a problem I had with support for my older printer. It cost less than half the price of a Windows 7 license, and it works just great with both Windows 7 and 10 wirelessly.

Good luck.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Yes but if you have the restore media the drivers are on also part of the restore disks. Typically the vendors keeps the original drivers as long as the pc is supported. Well yes if you bought new stuff it may not be supported. But Windows 10 is only been out a year.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Your OEM will always support the OS that was initially installed on the system. That's why MS only included Windows 7 and up as the free upgrade.

JhonConners

Honorable
Jul 17, 2015
This is stupid, but it's the little things that bother me so much. For example, I love the aero glass part at the top of windows in Windows 7, but that isn't available for Windows 10. Yes there is the program aero glass but that only supports windows 8.1. A friend also has Windows 8.1 with it, and it does not look good at all in my opinion

As I said, it's stupid but it's the little things like that that bother me.

If anyone knows of a solution to the things such as that, I would like to know

Thank you