Downgrading to Windows 7 question

Jabed_

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
My laptop is the Asus X556UB.
It manufactured with windows 10 I checked the support site on Asus for drivers and it only supports windows 10 drivers
Is there a way i can downgrade to windows 7 and make the existing drivers i have work?
I know how to downgrade to it, but just the drivers is the issue

It will be very hard.
Check not on the ASUS site, but for each specific component if there are drivers for w7. For example, as a generic case, imagine you need the driver for "Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver ", so you google that and try to find your specific part model.

But WHY do you want to downgrade? I wouldn't recommend that under almost any circumstances.

Jabed_

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016

Thats a good idea, but so risky if it doesnt work out.

And why is because windows 7 is tha best, windows 10 is alright but nothing beats 7

Yes, it is risky, but if you don't succeed (can't find drivers), you can just easily go back to win10.

Make sure you don't.delete the win10 recovery partition, if you have one.

EDIT: Important: make sure you download wifi/lan drivers for win7 before downgrading, as you will be unable to download them if you don't have internet (and you need drivers for internet)

Jabed_

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
Short story:
The experiment failed. I was able to downgrade to Win 7 tho it was completely unusable due to lack of driver support. Win 10 drivers didnt seem to work

Long story:
I downloaded wireless lan drivers, display adapters etc and they did not work. The touchpad driver didnt work so i could use the mouse, usb ports didnt work (win 7 setup launched with usb 2.0, all mine are 3.0) It was a nightmare and i had to reverse back to windows 10. Sigh. Ran into all sorts of problems and ended up wasting time :(