Downgrading Windows 7 Service pack????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talisman199

Reputable
May 22, 2015
I'm trying to downgrade from windows 7 service pack 3 (KB958488) to service pack 1 (KB976932). I have downloaded the file(service pack 1) but whenever i try to install it i get an error "A more recent version of Windows Service Pack 1 is already installed. Any help is appreciated. Thnx in advance

Solution
I doubt it. I expect that's something someone did so that Windows didn't try to update itself.

I suggest you get a legitimate copy of windows - we don't really help with pirated stuff.

Talisman199

Reputable
May 22, 2015

Thanx for replying. I'm trying to get gta 5 running on my pc.But I'm getting the social club error.Here's a link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZqYCX39So
and thats what I'm trying to do. I'm a noob :(. Maybe the video will make sense > Thanks again . Your help is really appreciated

OK... I'm guessing that it's only meant to run on Win7 SP1 or newer (though newer does not exist yet, and likely won't ever). That's a tutorial for upgrading to SP1 for those that don't want to use Windows Update.

If you're already running SP1, I'm not sure what the problem is, but I doubt that's it.

Talisman199

Reputable
May 22, 2015

But the when i try to install the file the guy said I get get an error saying "A more recent version of Windows Service Pack 1 is already installed"

I checked in Contol Panel -> Programs and features -> View Installed Updates. The file listed there is KB958488 . Thanks

Talisman199

Reputable
May 22, 2015

Hi there,
I'm not sure if you would be back here. but if by any chance you do come, here is a link to a screen shot of my computer http://i.imgur.com/BauTBjJ.png . It show Windows 7 Service Pack 3. Thanks

Talisman199

Reputable
May 22, 2015

First of all thanks for replying so quickly.
I guess so. Thats the conclusion i came to. I bought the system of a friend. So is there anyway i can remove service pack 3 and install the orignal one (KB kb976932 )?

Status
Not open for further replies.