Question Download fails no matter what.

javiermaggio

Honorable
Jun 21, 2018
My downloads fail no matter what I do. I just reinstalled Windows 10 for no reason. I've been having all sorts of trouble with my PC lately and it's starting to get super annoying. The latest issue is with downloads. I tried downloading some mods for Factorio and kept getting the "Failed - Network error" or "Failed - Server problem" message. I thought it was maybe Factorio's site, but I also tried downloading other files and they keep throwing up the same "Failed" messages.

It doesn't matter if I use Firefox or Chrome, the download fails either immediately or when it's almost complete. Everything I've seen so far online has to do with antivirus software interfering. I only use windows defender and disabling that hasn't worked either. I noticed that I updated my Network Adapter driver when I installed windows a week ago. I just reinstalled Windows 10 and had to update my drivers again. Idk if that helps but I felt it might be the issue.

I really don't know what to do and I want to play my games. Even Origin keeps getting failed connections but it resumes on it's own. I try to resume in Chrome and it never does.

Update:Since posting this I thought that I would eventually be able to play BFV, but it's stuck at 96% now for an hour or so.

Last edited:

javiermaggio

Honorable
Jun 21, 2018
@alceryes The download issues only started after I reinstalled windows. My old ssd with my OS burned up and I put the new one in. After reinstalling windows, I've had the download issues. I will try and get some Asus drivers though and see how that works.

javiermaggio

Honorable
Jun 21, 2018
I updated BIOS, firmware, lan drivers and still my downloads fail and BFV is stuck at 96%. I'm going to try and rule out the ethernet port being bad so I'm going to order a usb to ethernet adapter. I need one for my Nintendo Switch anyway.