Download Firefox 4.0 Final Now a Day Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know i tried the beat and found some websites (especially this one) load slow. so i switched to opera till the beta was over but even in this final version no improvement so i am sticking with opera

also i didn't download it firefox just updated from RC1 to the final version for me

G

firefox never looked so good......

@captaincharisma

throw adblock and noscript onto your firefox and it's load in next to no time, if it dont then there's something funny happening that u need to get to the bottom of

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Just like Adobe, another of 1000 updates and I can't tell the fucking difference from before[/citation]
Check your license, does it also say you're legally blind?

Anyhoo, love FF 4. Some less important addons are broken yeah, but I've been using since the early betas and have seen more and more compatibility updates as the release date approached.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]iamtheking123[/nom]Check your license, does it also say you're legally blind?Anyhoo, love FF 4. Some less important addons are broken yeah, but I've been using since the early betas and have seen more and more compatibility updates as the release date approached.[/citation]
So basically it is less compatible but there are more updates to make you feel like they are at least trying. Wow

emergancy exit

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
i downloaded from this link but mine is bugged everything is fine EXCEPT when i press enter after typing a website in the adress bar it doesent find i have to actually CLICK the green arrow WTF?

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
ya... they really need to get rid of the bright orange box... It's either that or I have my menu bar taking too much space, I just can't win with FF.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]you know i tried the beat and found some websites (especially this one) load slow. so i switched to opera till the beta was over but even in this final version no improvement so i am sticking with operaalso i didn't download it firefox just updated from RC1 to the final version for me[/citation]
I have a problem with Chrome taking forever to load this site....and IE9 not allowing me to post....Sadly, Comodo Dragon, which is just Chrome with improved security, works just fine...

[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]Poor Girl has to change shirts so often[/citation]
She should just do away with the shirts....

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Where is my options button!? I want my tabs, bookmarks, options, back and forward buttons and refresh buttons a click away but I have no way to get to the options to make this browser even remotely usable for me! Why would I want a whole extra inch of viewable website space in sacrifice of all those things I mention being just a single click away?!!

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Firefox is dead to me. I switched to Chrome a while back when FF started slowing down, never tried any of the beta's since I had had it with the whole thing, but figured they would be done fixing any problems..
Alas, I'd have to say FF now holds the crown for slowest browser out there, even compared to IE9. Depressing really. And I have gone to some length to test it, including a clean install of Windows and tried it on my MBP, with the clean OSX install on a separate partition.. No avail.. Still slow.
To hell with them. I'd use anything before them now.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Although I must add, the firefox girl in the picture I'd switch back for. Unfortunately she nor a decent picture of her in that shirt wet is included in the install.. so meh..

col_krismiss

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Also why cant I close tabs in just one click? why did they have to hide everything!? everything about this new firefox has frustrated me to no end! So much so I had to comment twice about it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.