download service packs to cd

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is it possible to download a service pack to cd! (service pack 1 im doing)
Need to know as i cant do it at home so i was going to download it at work
to cd then install it from cd when i got home?????

thanking you all in advance!!!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D580559F-B5AD-4EEC-9C0C-CD167F7CD19F@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to download a service pack to cd! (service pack 1 im doing)
> Need to know as i cant do it at home so i was going to download it at work
> to cd then install it from cd when i got home?????
>
> thanking you all in advance!!!


Yes you can do this, may be you want to download SP2 to a CD then install.
You can install SP2 without SP1 installed since SP1 is part of the SP2
update.

SP2 Full Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

SP1a Download
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/default.mspx

--
William
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hey WTC, so your saying i dont need service pack one to install service pack 2.
see my problem is this i had to reinstall my computer back to its factory
settings due to large problems. So i lost alot of programs naming one office
2003. I run xp home edition (pre installed) i tried to reinstall office 2003
and it told me that a service pack had not been completed and installation
could not take place until computer was updated. Due to the fact that my
computer is back to factory it does not even have service pack one, but when
i go to microsoft update it doesnt tell me to download it because its in my
installation history because i did download it and i did have it installed
BEFORE my computer was restored back to factory settings.

so if i download sp2 to cd from work and install it when i get home do you
think this will fix my problem with office or should i download service pack
one first?????

"WTC" wrote:

> "The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D580559F-B5AD-4EEC-9C0C-CD167F7CD19F@microsoft.com...
> > Is it possible to download a service pack to cd! (service pack 1 im doing)
> > Need to know as i cant do it at home so i was going to download it at work
> > to cd then install it from cd when i got home?????
> >
> > thanking you all in advance!!!
>
>
> Yes you can do this, may be you want to download SP2 to a CD then install.
> You can install SP2 without SP1 installed since SP1 is part of the SP2
> update.
>
> SP2 Full Download
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
>
> SP1a Download
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/default.mspx
>
> --
> William
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:510D613F-F613-44FC-98E3-F1172FE27275@microsoft.com...
> Hey WTC, so your saying i dont need service pack one to install service
> pack 2.
> see my problem is this i had to reinstall my computer back to its factory
> settings due to large problems. So i lost alot of programs naming one
> office
> 2003. I run xp home edition (pre installed) i tried to reinstall office
> 2003
> and it told me that a service pack had not been completed and installation
> could not take place until computer was updated. Due to the fact that my
> computer is back to factory it does not even have service pack one, but
> when
> i go to microsoft update it doesnt tell me to download it because its in
> my
> installation history because i did download it and i did have it installed
> BEFORE my computer was restored back to factory settings.
>
> so if i download sp2 to cd from work and install it when i get home do you
> think this will fix my problem with office or should i download service
> pack
> one first?????
>


You can install SP2, there is no need to install SP1, about your error of
not completing, try rebooting. Sometimes after an install, you must reboot
to complete the install or update.

--
William
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

i tried rebooting William but that doesnt work either.I can not install
office 2003 at all until i fix up my service packs. it just pops up with an
error just before its about to install telling me that a service pack has not
been completed so installation can not take place until computer is updated.
I dont have a service pack on my computer due to the fact that my computer
was restored back to factory. So i was assuming if i installed service pack 1
(as i cant install service pack 2 as i have a dial up connection and its
impossible to do, and i have ordered the cds but that takes awhile and i need
my computer at home for work purposes) so i thought if i downloaded xp
service pack 1 to cd from work and installed it at home from cd if that would
fix my office 2003 problem!!! What do you think???

"WTC" wrote:

> "The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:510D613F-F613-44FC-98E3-F1172FE27275@microsoft.com...
> > Hey WTC, so your saying i dont need service pack one to install service
> > pack 2.
> > see my problem is this i had to reinstall my computer back to its factory
> > settings due to large problems. So i lost alot of programs naming one
> > office
> > 2003. I run xp home edition (pre installed) i tried to reinstall office
> > 2003
> > and it told me that a service pack had not been completed and installation
> > could not take place until computer was updated. Due to the fact that my
> > computer is back to factory it does not even have service pack one, but
> > when
> > i go to microsoft update it doesnt tell me to download it because its in
> > my
> > installation history because i did download it and i did have it installed
> > BEFORE my computer was restored back to factory settings.
> >
> > so if i download sp2 to cd from work and install it when i get home do you
> > think this will fix my problem with office or should i download service
> > pack
> > one first?????
> >
>
>
> You can install SP2, there is no need to install SP1, about your error of
> not completing, try rebooting. Sometimes after an install, you must reboot
> to complete the install or update.
>
> --
> William
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

yes, you can.
go to the Windows Update Catalog. You will find that by going to the
Windows Update site as you normally would, but then, instead of looking for
your update from there, from the pane on the right of your screen, click on
administrator options, then look for the blue link that will bring you to
the Windows Update Catalog.
you will have to follow the steps, it will ask for your os version, what
kind of update you are looking for, etc.
Find Sp1a..which is what it's called now, I think, then, it will ask if you
want to open, or save it.
Save it to your cd drive, if you can.
If not, save it to a location or folder of your choice, then, copy it to
your cd from there.

"The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D580559F-B5AD-4EEC-9C0C-CD167F7CD19F@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to download a service pack to cd! (service pack 1 im doing)
> Need to know as i cant do it at home so i was going to download it at work
> to cd then install it from cd when i got home?????
>
> thanking you all in advance!!!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FA05EF6B-A64E-43DE-A80B-482DEDC40BFC@microsoft.com...
>i tried rebooting William but that doesnt work either.I can not install
> office 2003 at all until i fix up my service packs. it just pops up with
> an
> error just before its about to install telling me that a service pack has
> not
> been completed so installation can not take place until computer is
> updated.
> I dont have a service pack on my computer due to the fact that my computer
> was restored back to factory. So i was assuming if i installed service
> pack 1
> (as i cant install service pack 2 as i have a dial up connection and its
> impossible to do, and i have ordered the cds but that takes awhile and i
> need
> my computer at home for work purposes) so i thought if i downloaded xp
> service pack 1 to cd from work and installed it at home from cd if that
> would
> fix my office 2003 problem!!! What do you think???
>

I looked at the Office 2003 requirements and you only need Windows XP with
NO service packs installed, I would recommend going to an Office newsgroup
and ask about your installation error.

--
William
 

Barry

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
346
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The Aussie Girl wrote:
> Is it possible to download a service pack to cd! (service pack 1 im doing)
> Need to know as i cant do it at home so i was going to download it at work
> to cd then install it from cd when i got home?????
>
> thanking you all in advance!!!


you run windows 2003 server at home? ok...

But anyway, try here
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=22CFC239-337C-4D81-8354-72593B1C1F43&displaylang=en>

unless you actually meant xp service pack 1. Which I'm not going to
post. Instead, have service pack 2 :)
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en>

generally, search for "network install" and the service pack you want on
google. Should lead you to the right answer...

Barry
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY