Download slow on ONE network but fast in others - while other devices are OK in it. Upload is OK.

Oct 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure this out for a while now, but can't seem to find a solution by myself.

I have a 100Mbps (Downl. & Upl.) optical fiber network. However, my notebook can only get to 12~18Mbps down. while UPL. is normal at around 80Mbps.

General network speed problem is discarded since my iPhone X can get to 50~60Mbps download while connected to it, and another (way older) notebook also gets to 60Mbps download.

Also, I'm tending to discard hardware issues since I can get 40~50Mbps when connecting same notebook to my iPhone X Access Point (while iPhone is in 4G).

Tested it on Ethernet on the same router... download speed stays in the 12~18mbps range.

The notebook is new and fine, Intel drivers are up-to-date, and connection with this network seems to be running in 802.11n mode.

Drivers: Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 & Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Router: D-Link DMG-6661

Oct 1, 2018
Update: the guy from the ISP came here, changed some DNS settings on the router and speed went back to normal (85mbps download). But then, the next day, speed was slow again even though no configs. were changed...