[SOLVED] Download Speed dramatically lower than Upload on PC only - WiFi and Ethernet affected...

F08

Nov 9, 2019
My issue is that suddenly 4 weeks ago my download speed went from around 100Mbps and Upload around 20Mbps to now 6 Mpbs and Upload 20Mpbs.

I'm on the 200Mbps plan with Virgin Media - I don't care about ever getting close to 200 or not I just want my 100 back! This is ONLY on my PC both on WiFi and wired into the router. My phone, other laptops via WiFi get over 100Mbps download and other laptops using the same Ethernet cable also get comfortably over 100Mbps.

I have a pre-built Dell PC however I have since upgraded it in some ways.
I still have the existing motherboard but my specs are:
Windows 10
Intel i5 8600k @ 3.6Mhz
16GB RAM 2133 MHz
Nvidia 1050TI
1 TB storage
Link to PC in original format: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...HZCngBpbfIr0Id1Ef5hoCSHwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My IPS is Virgin Media (I have rang them and done online tests via their website and been told everything is fine) and I have the Hub 3.0 router.

I assuming it's a software issue/bug as both my WiFi and Ethernet is effected but I don't know. I have looked into other related posts and read about changing QoS on Router settings but I believe I am unable to do this with my router ?

Any ideas anyone?

Solution
On your Dell PC:

Are you sure that only one network adapter is enabled? Either wired or wireless should be enabled - not both at the same time.