Download Speed Great / Upload Speed BAD

Jul 15, 2018
Hello, I have been having an issue with my upload speeds. To start off I have 300 Download and 30 Upload on every other device in my house. For some reason my pc is the only one with .1 upload speed. Download speeds are 300. I have had my ISP come out several times to test the connections of my wiring and to see if it is on their end. The connections are perfectly fine with every other device which lead to the conclusion of something being wrong with my computer. I am not sure what to do about this. I have already purchased a new motherboard (for the new ethernet card / also to upgrade my gaming pc) but the problem still occurs so it is not the ethernet port. I am not sure what else to do and feeling very hopeless at this point. All drivers are updated as well. Would love for your guys help, I know this is a very strange issue and thank you for the help.

Solution

Ahhh ... large send offload. Yes, many people have had problems with that feature (google search large send offload slow upload), so it is not that strange. It seems some hardware has more problems with it than others.

If disabling it solves the problem, then leave it disabled.
It is a very strange problem. It is very surprising that replacing the motherboard didn't correct the issue. May we assume you reinstalled Windows (thus ruling out some software issue ... malfuntioning security software, VPN, proxy, virus, etc)

I guess the question is what didn't change? Is the computer the only device on ethernet (is it connected by ethernet)? Could this be a quality of service setting on the router only effecting ethernet devices? Could this be a bad cable (have you tried another)?

Jul 15, 2018

The cables have been switched out but still no changes, i did a fresh install of windows. the computer is connected by ethernet and is the only one. I have had many guys from my ISP come out and check everything and everything is always correct internet wise. I find it strange that whenever i disable large send offload and do a speed test my speeds are normal but when i have it enabled I cant get past 1mb Upload.

Ahhh ... large send offload. Yes, many people have had problems with that feature (google search large send offload slow upload), so it is not that strange. It seems some hardware has more problems with it than others.

If disabling it solves the problem, then leave it disabled.

Solution