Question Download speed is VERY slow ONLY on my new laptop.

Feb 12, 2019
I have an ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD that I just bought recently, I upgraded it with an 1T SSD alongside the old one, so my warranty is voided so I really hope I don't need to use it.My problem is that it downloaded at 1 mbps from a site that my phone downloaded at 10mbps, I have been looking everywhere for the past few days but I can't find anything that works, I have the latest drivers and windows 10.If you have any ideas on how to fix this please let my know.

First, can you be a little more specific on the drivers you've used? Latest from Windows updates, or latest from the device vendor (Intel, Killer... I'm not sure which wireless LAN card you have)?

Second, have you tried using the laptop on a different network?

And what website are we talking about? Have you tested on other sites?

Feb 12, 2019
First, can you be a little more specific on the drivers you've used? Latest from Windows updates, or latest from the device vendor (Intel, Killer... I'm not sure which wireless LAN card you have)?

Second, have you tried using the laptop on a different network?

And what website are we talking about? Have you tested on other sites?
I installed the drivers from the asus website, that's where i saw the difference between my phone and laptop, i don't think the network is the issue as i have multiple PC's and they have no problem, tho i will try and use it on a different one , just in case. I tested steam and it was even slower at 800 kbps. Here are the laptop specifications https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/specifications/

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow up. :)

I see it's an Intel card, but Asus' driver page doesn't specify the model. You can find the model of the card in Windows Device Manager. Once you know the model, I suggest going to Intel's website to get the latest driver for it.

Networks are complicated, sooo... yes! Please let us know if you have the same performance issue on other networks.