[SOLVED] Download speed issue

Mar 27, 2019
Hey guy, I am trying to download ARK: Survival Evolved off steam, I live in Ireland so I checked steam download stats for Ireland and the Percentage of global traffic is only at 0.1%. My Internet runs at 360mb/s, so 40MB/s give or take, but when downloading ark of steam, it doesn't go higher than 13.9MB/s and is usually around 2MB/s going down or stops downloading for a while then resumes. My laptop has a 1050Ti, 8Gig RAM and 128GBSSD, though I'm downloading it onto my 1TB 5400rpm that has 200GB of storage left. Please help me

Solution
Is your computer using a wired or wireless connection? Noted that your post is in "Wireless" but need to confirm.

Wired is inherently faster....

Plus, even though you have 200GB available on the 1TB drive there are two additional factors: 1) drive space may not be contiguous and writing to the drive involves finding places to parcel out the file, and 2) at 5400 RPM that drive will be natively slow anyway.

Overall, if all other downloads occur "at speed" then Steam's website may be being throttled by your ISP.

Try the download during "off hours" when there may be less internet usage and traffic.

Ralston18

Titan
Is your computer using a wired or wireless connection? Noted that your post is in "Wireless" but need to confirm.

Wired is inherently faster....

Plus, even though you have 200GB available on the 1TB drive there are two additional factors: 1) drive space may not be contiguous and writing to the drive involves finding places to parcel out the file, and 2) at 5400 RPM that drive will be natively slow anyway.

Overall, if all other downloads occur "at speed" then Steam's website may be being throttled by your ISP.

Try the download during "off hours" when there may be less internet usage and traffic.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts