[SOLVED] Download speed problem

Apr 8, 2020
When I check my download speed it says that I have 500Mbps (1st link), but on blizzar.net it downloads at speed of 50KBps sometimes even at 10Bps (2nd link). Yesterday it worked normally, it was downloading at speed 50MBps, but today this happened. And my question is: can I do anything about it, is this my problem or is this their problem?

http://prntscr.com/rvdhdp
http://prntscr.com/rvdikz

Unless you have some issue with the program doing the downloading it has to be the provider. You have no control of anything outside your house. Your only option is to send and receive traffic over the link your ISP provides you. All your equipment is the same so that only leaves software on your machine which is not real likely.

Reactions: FataExpress

Ralston18

Titan
Just keep running speed checks to establish if the problem is just "one time" occurrence, changes with time of day, continuous, etc..

The internet is experiencing high traffic levels and it is very likely that there are weak spots/bottlenecks occurring.

Plus there are weather problems due to spring storms - power outages and lines down.

You can check all of your cables/wires and connections. Ensure that all are tightly in place and there are no signs of damage, corrosion, or physical problems such as kinks, penetration by staples, nails, no pinches or crushing somewhere.

You can use tools such as ping, pathping, and tracert to get a sense of where the problem(s) may be: your network, your ISP's network, or beyond. Anything beyond the first two or three hops is out of your control and that may well be the same for your ISP.

Reactions: FataExpress
Apr 8, 2020
Thanks for the reply and I think that the problem might be on my ISP because my friend has the same download speed and the same ISP as I have and he has the same problem. And I tried with a VPN which worked well. I connected to Canada server and it started to download at 6MBps.

haseeb98ahm

Honorable
Jan 30, 2018
you need to figure if the problem is with your connection to general internet or just blizzard.net. Next time you get that problem immediately check your speed on speedtest.net, fast.com or even download something from steam. If these services show normal speed than probably its problem with blizzard.net. If steam, fast.com and speedtest.net also show slow speeds then it's your ISP.

Apr 8, 2020
you need to figure if the problem is with your connection to general internet or just blizzard.net. Next time you get that problem immediately check your speed on speedtest.net, fast.com or even download something from steam. If these services show normal speed than probably its problem with blizzard.net. If steam, fast.com and speedtest.net also show slow speeds then it's your ISP.
I just tried to download something from Steam and it worked normally it downloaded at speed 40MBps. So that means the problem is with blizzar.net.