[SOLVED] download speed question

Aug 1, 2019
Hi,

i have a question about my download speed. I should be able to download with 100 Mbps, but every speed test results in only ~20 Mbps (tried many different tests to be sure). However, when i download games through steam i can download with ~100 Mbps. Or when downloading files from mega.nz i reach about 60 Mbps, still more then every speed test i did. My pc is connected via LAN cable with my router. How can this happen, should/can i do something about it?

Edit:
Router: Speedport Smart
System: Win 10 64 Bit, Motherboard MSI Z84-G43

Last edited:
Solution
During tests, they often allow you to change the server u wanna test with, try another one. In general I say if everything else seems to work, don't worry about tests.
Aug 1, 2019
During tests, they often allow you to change the server u wanna test with, try another one. In general I say if everything else seems to work, don't worry about tests.

Thanks, maybe that was the solution, after some testing i found a "working" server. I was just irritated because my isp proudly send me a link to a speed test to test my new connection. Result was 10 Mbps instead of 100 with that one :D It's still weird that the majority of servers don't seem to work.

TRENDING THREADS