Question Download speed slows down over time. Rebooting fixes..

Mar 3, 2020
Hello, I have an issue where after starting my computer normally for the day my internet speed works fine with 250 down and 250 up.
But after x amount of time, my download speed starts slowing down to 10-20 down, My upload speed keeps stable.

I've tried so many things and i just can't seem to figure out whats wrong.
Nothing really shows up in Task manager / resource monitor
The only "Solution" i've found is to reboot my PC which fixes the issue untill it starts happening again.

I saw a similar post when i was typing in the Title but with no solution.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/11/15 11:55:04 Ver: 28.01 (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32710MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A

Please help me! This is so frustrating especially since im playing alot of games and it starts stuttering after awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
For this instance I'd suggest that you jump onto the latest BIOS found off Asus's support site, which is 3503(beta) which will likely address vulnerability issues and introduce support for Windows 10.

You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Are you working with the Ethernet port or a wireless adapter?

Mar 3, 2020
For this instance I'd suggest that you jump onto the latest BIOS found off Asus's support site, which is 3503(beta) which will likely address vulnerability issues and introduce support for Windows 10.

You will need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. Are you working with the Ethernet port or a wireless adapter?

I am on Wired connection, I've tried directly to the plug and to modems etc but still the same.
i'll do a BIOS update and check back.

Thinking back iirc i tried updating my BIOS and it caused alot of problems, Like the OS wouldn't get to Login screen.