Question Download speed sudden drop?

Feb 6, 2020
I was getting anywhere from 10-14mb/s download, which has since dropped and I haven't seen over 1.2 since. the only notable changes I've made are hdd>ssd(evo and samsung's migration software), afterburner to recently oc my 1050ti, and i oc'd my ryzen 3 1200 first with ryzen master to see what it was like, didn't like it so uninstalled and did it in the bios(maybe something i did in ryzen master was conflicting with the bios?? but it is uninstalled now). I'm not too tech-savvy just a hobbyist so I might not understand every recommendation told to me. all of what I did was on the fly learning lol.

any ideas as to which of those would/could cause it?

I would copy files to another device in your house. You can see the transfer rates network tab of the resource viewer. Copy larger files so it runs long enough so you get good numbers.

If it is slow doing this then you suspect the pc has some issue. Otherwise I would suspect the internet.

Feb 6, 2020
ookla and fast.com are both between 400-600ms latency with a 9.5mbp/s download.
im paying for 150 mbp/s and usually get that with around 46 ping
steam downloads are capping at 1.2

resetting network didnt do anything

I would copy files to another device in your house. You can see the transfer rates network tab of the resource viewer. Copy larger files so it runs long enough so you get good numbers.

If it is slow doing this then you suspect the pc has some issue. Otherwise I would suspect the internet.
how would you recommend i go about transferring to see network speed? as i haven't done that before.

malwarebytes premium comes back with nothing either on a full scan.

tried clocking back down to no avail,

ran bottleneck calc and got a .6% result back

is it time to call xfinity and complain?

Last edited: