Download steam games through torrent?

Rupansh Sekar

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
So I recently bought PUBG. I paused the download and shut my pc down as I had to go somewhere for a few days. It was downloaded around 9GB when I came back, The download got reset! My net speed is 500KB/s and it will take many hours to download the game. I can't keep my PC up running for so long as there are frequent electric cuts due to a recent storm and my inverter can't keep up for longer than a few hours! I don't want to risk re-download so please help me! If possible I want to download through torrent! I know that I will have to copy to steamapps/common!

Solution
Well, Steam usually pauses downloads when you shut down the system, and resumes from where it left off. Try downloading again, but try to exit Steam before shutting down. If you don't want to waste too much time, just download a little bit, like 1-2%, then close Steam and then shut down the PC. See if it resumes after that or starts over. Steam usually resumes downloads even after a shut down.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/364042262882171105/
Well, Steam usually pauses downloads when you shut down the system, and resumes from where it left off. Try downloading again, but try to exit Steam before shutting down. If you don't want to waste too much time, just download a little bit, like 1-2%, then close Steam and then shut down the PC. See if it resumes after that or starts over. Steam usually resumes downloads even after a shut down.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/364042262882171105/

Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

Steam has always picked up right where a download stopped even if you turn off the computer. How's a torrent going to be faster? Steam's servers will easily max your connection.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
The download was probably reset due to an update being released while you were away for them few days.
A major update was just released today, around 4-5hours ago, for me it's every Thursday at 12pm.
Assuming they have no major issues with the current patch you should be able to download it over the next couple of days with out any issues.
A few times a day, for the last couple of weeks, there have been these 25MB updates for PUBG, I'm not sure if they would 'reset' the major updates.

Rupansh Sekar

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

Seems like that was the case! I would still like to know a way to download the games through torrent though as that only would answer my question.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished

The very issue the OP is having seems like a legit enough reason to me.

Download the torrent, even if it's out dated, install the game, steam will then just download the updated files instead of the entire game again.

Rupansh Sekar

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

I have clearly stated that I wanted to download PUBG and its an online game so its not possible to crack it. If you still think I want for illegitimate reasons here you go-
https://prnt.sc/jdimz2
Didn't expect such behavior from a mod tbh

Seems like a found a way. Kind of complex but does the job. I have an ubuntu server and I found there is this program called steamcmd which you can use to download games without steam client.(Also the program is by valve so its not "illegitimate" link ref for the mod - https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD ). After files get downloaded, I can make a torrent client server (or seedbox in short) and make a torrent of the file. After its seeded, I can just download it on my PC while my server continuously seeds it. Though, its no longer needed as I found the root of the problem still that should answer my question. Kind of complex but probably the most legit way to download through torrent. Thanks for the help anyways!

Feb 15, 2018
Instead of keeping your PC on all the day I would prefer that try to kep your pc on for night,
Btw friend of mine downloaded from torrents and its working fine but for that you also need to keep you computer on!

TRENDING THREADS