[SOLVED] Download/Upload Speed Suddenly Super Slow

Feb 6, 2021
Hi everyone,

Just a few days ago, my laptop was working just fine but then all of a sudden is having extremely slow download/upload speeds. The thing is, this is the only device in my household that is having the issue. All the other devices go up to 125mbps which is the typical speed I usually get; however, my laptop now goes only up to around 8-9mbps with an upload of below 1. Downloads and updates of software is even slower at only around 700kbps (it took two days to update a small software). I've checked for viruses, updated my drivers, unplugged/restarted my router + modem, and even bought an external usb wifi adapter. I thought it was my wifi card having issues but both ethernet and this new adapter didn't help at all. If there's any suggestions to what I can do to resolve this issue that would be so much appreciated. Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? You might want to also see what version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) you're on at the time of writing. You will also need to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter's drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator helps.

Since you've posted this thread in the wireless section, what is the make and model of your wireless router? I'm assuming it's a router since you mentioned other devices on the same network.

Feb 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop and it's SKU? You might want to also see what version of Windows 10(assuming you're on Windows 10) you're on at the time of writing. You will also need to see if uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter's drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator helps.

Since you've posted this thread in the wireless section, what is the make and model of your wireless router? I'm assuming it's a router since you mentioned other devices on the same network.

Hi Lutfij,

Thank you for the reply. My system SKU is: LENOVO_MT_81YT_BU_idea_FM_Legion 7 15IMH05 (Lenovo Legion 7i). My window's version is on 20H2. I'll try to reinstall my network adapter drivers today and update here on whether anything changed. Also, my router model is TP-LINK Archer AX11000. Thank you for the reply and I hope there will be a solution soon!

Edit: I tried installing whatever there was on the windows update as well as uninstalling my adapter drivers and reinstalling using the download files from the intel website itself using administrator. So far I'm getting the same speeds and nothing has changed.

Last edited: