[SOLVED] Download windows 10

Aug 22, 2019
I'm not sure if this is the right category, but ok.

I finished building my computer today and wanted to download Winsdows 10. Therefore I have to download the Media creation tool on another computer, create the installation media and put it on an USB. But the problem is that my other computer is a vista and I can't run the Media creation tool... Is there an other way to do it?

Solution
you can head to the local library and probably use their pc to simply download the iso. local school lab if your in school would also be an option. that or a friend that can let you use their pc for a little bit to download it.

other option could be to sign up as an insider and download a preview build which is a straight iso file. then install it as a VM or as a dual boot to get the media creator working. not the most ideal but a way around the vista problem.

but if i recall right, vista should allow you to create the usb drive anyway. i can't say i recall reading it did not work on vista.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you can head to the local library and probably use their pc to simply download the iso. local school lab if your in school would also be an option. that or a friend that can let you use their pc for a little bit to download it.

other option could be to sign up as an insider and download a preview build which is a straight iso file. then install it as a VM or as a dual boot to get the media creator working. not the most ideal but a way around the vista problem.

but if i recall right, vista should allow you to create the usb drive anyway. i can't say i recall reading it did not work on vista.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS