Downloaded 3 times now (windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

87thhunter

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Okay so i have download threw windows installer, it gets to about 60% on the install (its in the installer not windows update)and gives me an error message (i have not been quick enough to catch it yet) and then reverts right back to windows 8.1. Then MAKES ME re download windows 10 AGAIN!! I am going to try to catch the error the next time, but has anyone had issue's with crashing durning install and then reverting back to 8.1 just to redownload it.

Also according to windows update it has failed to install 16 times!!!

Solution
Yes. It happened on my Alienware M18X R2 that doesn't have sanctioned video cards installed (680M's were the best, and I installed 780M's - that requires modded drivers in order to install drivers for them). My workaround was to switch to the integrated GPU that is on the CPU, install Windows 10 and then swap to the discrete 780M's and install the modified Windows 10 driver.

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
Yes. It happened on my Alienware M18X R2 that doesn't have sanctioned video cards installed (680M's were the best, and I installed 780M's - that requires modded drivers in order to install drivers for them). My workaround was to switch to the integrated GPU that is on the CPU, install Windows 10 and then swap to the discrete 780M's and install the modified Windows 10 driver.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.