[SOLVED] Downloaded AMD Radeon and now my second gpu is not being detected on my mining rig.

Aug 4, 2021
Hey all,

I'm extremely new to mining and just got my first rig set up running 2 rx 580s.

After getting everything set up and running I was getting 6ish Mhs per card.

I downloaded the AMD Radeon software and as soon as I did and opened up my settings my second card (PowerColor RX580) was no longer detected by anything on my pc.

What it currently does is the card fires up on startup as soon as the windows logo pops up it shuts off the second card.

Is this a driver issue?

The Specs are as follows:
Z390 UDP Gigabyte
Pentium Gold G5400 CPU
(1) MSI RX580
(1) PowerColor RX580
AData Falcon SSD
600W PSU (Upgrading when I get more cards)
Currently using nicehash for simplicity until I learn more.

Solution
Hi there, why did you ask this query under this Forum section, ""Hobbies and Leisure" ? You should have posted this is under "Graphics Cards", or "Systems", so that you might get a better response and help for your current problem.

But anyways, no issues. Are you using a CrossfireX setup ? Make and Model number of your 600 Watts PSU ? Have you connected the PCI-E/PEG connector to both the GPUs ? Which AMD Radeon GPU driver version have you installed ?
Hi there, why did you ask this query under this Forum section, ""Hobbies and Leisure" ? You should have posted this is under "Graphics Cards", or "Systems", so that you might get a better response and help for your current problem.

But anyways, no issues. Are you using a CrossfireX setup ? Make and Model number of your 600 Watts PSU ? Have you connected the PCI-E/PEG connector to both the GPUs ? Which AMD Radeon GPU driver version have you installed ?

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

I must have misclclicked I was originally in gpus, I apologize is there a way to move it?

I've never used crossfire nor have familiarity. I've only ever used single gpu gaming PCs.

The PSU is a Apevia ATX-PR600W.

Both gpus are plugged directly to the motherboard without risers one on the main pcie one on the last Pcie.

I'll look at what driver I have in the morning my rig is at a separate location.

Thank you very much for the response.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Is the second gpu detected in device manager? If yes, you will notice the second gpu will turn on when a display is connected.

go to afterburner and tick disable ULPS.

edit: a bit OT and although im not a miner myself, a friend of mine told me that this nicehash is a bit less profitable than mining a certain cryptocurrency directly…

Aug 4, 2021
Is the second gpu detected in device manager? If yes, you will notice the second gpu will turn on when a display is connected.

go to afterburner and tick disable ULPS.

edit: a bit OT and although im not a miner myself, a friend of mine told me that this nicehash is a bit less profitable than mining a certain cryptocurrency directly…

Okay guys I figured it out, there were a few things just not getting along. First I disabled the ULPS then updated the re downloaded the drivers and had to shut off cross fire because no matter how hard I pushed the cards only one would come on. As soon as I disabled crossfire everything worked normal again.

Thank you all for the responses.