Downloaded driver updates, installed them to finish & all - they're not inst

AneGaarden

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Best answers
Hello,

Hi, I'm new to this forum,but I still have the hope that you might want to/be able to help me.. :)

My problem is, that I tried downoloading & installing bluetooth peripheral drivers, but after having installed the updates (done the wizard, ie.), then I a little later get the message that the drivers were NOT installed.

What to do - does my HP computer, Windows 7 Professional 64bit (that I got second-hand with everything included) have some some sort of anti-new installations thing going on as for system updates? Java, Adobe & the lot are easily updated..

Yours hopefully,
Ane

AneGaarden

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Best answers
Nope, the bluetooth is okay; it's the (bluetooth peripheral) driver that doesn't want to get fully installed.
I install it (from my pc company HP's download page) with the installation wizard, but when I want to use it (i.e. when I want to use my smartphone to thether my internet), I get a notification that no driver has been installed..

Thanx, however for answering; I thought my question had gone stale..

AneGaarden

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Best answers
Everything is installed & working as it should, according to the Device Manager (checked many times before as well..).
I also tried installing the peripheral drivers again, checking out if that new version was working acc. to Dev. Man.

When the driver's being asked for, it's the laptop asking for a bluetooth driver. When troubleshooting, I get the answer that NO bluetooth peripheral driver has been installed.

Is there any way that there might be a Microsoft issue blocking (the installation of) new drivers?

hang-the-9

Titan
Mar 25, 2010
Best answers
Try disabling any anti-virus software before you run the setup. Also, check your exact model and make sure it has bluetooth hardware. Just because it's listed in the specs, may not mean it's installed.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS