Downloading from steam

p000n-tang_be4r

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
So i just downloaded metro 2033 on steam for $20 and i don't see it downloading anywhere. Is it meant to be downloading once i press conform purchase or what? Im a bit annoyed because i wanted to play it tonight

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Once you click on "Purchase for myself", the transaction processing message should appear. After that, there should be a thank you window which will give you the option "install game". If you're past that window without having clicked on install, go to your "library" in steam. Metro 2033 should be there in your games library, appearing as 'unhighlighted'. Double click on it and the install/ download should begin.

See if it works, else post back here.

Oh, and its a pretty big file so I dunno if you'll manage to download it by tonight, unless you've got a brilliant download speed. :)

EDIT: Once the game is selected for download, you can view its progress in the "downloads" section under the library.

p000n-tang_be4r

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Its not in the library, i checked hoping it will be there as you said but its not it just comes up with some different game telling me to download it. Maybe i didnt put the payment through correctly. If the purchase didn't go through then i couldn't really care less because if you say it will be a slow download then i might as well buy a disc version tomorrow.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I'm assuming you have email notifications on in your Steam settings. Whenever I purchase on Steam, I get an email confirmation about the transaction. If you got the confirmation but the game doesn't show up in your library, contact Steam and give them your transaction details. If you didn't get a confirmation, check your credit card acount just to be sure that you're not billed for something you didn't get.

Retail is an option! However, once you install it from the disc, be ready for a fair bit of update to be downloaded nonetheless. Though, it'll take far lesser time than downing the entire game. What I meant was Metro is a huge game. I don't remember the exact size but I'm guessing about 15 gb or so? The time taken for downloading it will depend upon your internet speed. I use a 4MBPS connection. On that, a 15gb file would take me a full night (roughly around 12-16 hours. If your speeds are faster (say T1 or something) then it would take lesser time. All depends on your connection plan.

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

On top of the retail, I think that only the updates/ patches to the game would be downloaded and not the entire game. At least that's what I remember of it. I had bought the retail version.